Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Compression tank for an open system??

Hello all,

I need some help. I am trying to straighten out a radiant application where the original installer used non-barrier tubing, but did nothing to prevent corrosion.

The apartment complex has five buildings all done with 8 zones each. I have located zone valves from Taco to place in the oxygen rich side of the system after I seperate the system with a heat exchanger, but I would think that I would need a compression tank on the tubing side of the system as well along with the bronze pump and the open system zone valves.

I realize that this system is not really open, but for corrosion purposes due to oxygen migration it should be treated as such. These buildings are only 8 years old and have gone through an amazing amount of zone valves, pumps, and compression tanks (they last about 18 months, then rot from the inside out) Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• Arthur
    Arthur Member Posts: 216
    Open system compression tank

You can get tanks for open system they are a lot more expensive, I'm not sure about what's available in the US but here in NZ we have the Pneumatex (Pneumawell)tanks (from Switzerland), They are Blue instead of the red tanks used for a closed system, Size them as you would a closed system.
    They are designated as PWD and can take up to 10 bar (150lbs) pressure.
    From 50 litres up the bag can be replaced.The water is stored in the bag and is not incontact with the metallic vessel walls,

http://www.stuecklin.ch/v2003/pdf/aquapresso_E.pdf
  • zjzjl19901109
    zjzjl19901109 Member Posts: 1
    I need some help

Hello I come from China,and interested in the Pneumawell tanks (from Switzerland you had mentioned, would you give me an Asian regional sales contact or contact for China region will be better?I have a email address( 2389326915@qq.com ).If I can get your help, I feel very honored.