Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell L8124

You can pull one of the wires that provides power to the burner from the low limit. The controller will still prevent the power to C1 until the temperature is above the low limit setting. I do not remember the color of the wire, but you can figure it out by looking at the wire diagram on the honeywell site.

Comments

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    control issue

Here is what I have a peerless oil fired boiler with a L8124A,C or L8151A. thats what the cover says.

So its a boiler with a tankless originally. Now we put a Tel
    kmar 260 and an Indirect water heater. The Tekmar controls that.

The issue is the the low limit still maintains temp, so I want it cold start. Can the old control be rewired or should I replace it.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Tundra
    Tundra Member Posts: 93

I would not try to cold start a Peerless. You are likely to have this boiler leak or even crack on you. You are headed in the right direction. The indirect is great. As soon as you can replace your current boiler with one that is designed to be operated as a cold start. I recommend the Biasi or the Buderus.
  • superMARKet
    superMARKet Member Posts: 87
    Not with those controls

You can't use a triple aquastat for cold start. The low limit function stops you. I don't know about cold starting that boiler, but you'd need an aquastat with single limit and circulator functions only, like a Honeywell L4081B or White-Rodgers 11C15.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    boiler

The boiler is a few years old and they wont replace it. I was going to sell them a G115 with R2107.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Tundra
    Tundra Member Posts: 93

I still wouldn't cold start a Peerless but you might want to think about selling them a Beckett Heat Manager. If they won't change out boilers that is about as good as you will be able to do for them.
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Blue wire

• Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Blue wire

This discussion has been closed.