Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

aquastat/timer for hot H2O circulation

Gordon_3
Gordon_3 Member Posts: 11
I already have a pump installed (Grundfos) for hot water circulation through the home. Would like to add an aquastat and timer to control the pump. I've seen a few aqustats that turn on & off the pump at manufacturer set temps points. I would like to find one that can be set to whatever temp is choosen (or at least some range of options. Hoping to find something that also has a timer so the system can be shut down during sleep time. Anything like this in a clamp-on that is high quality? Or anything else? Seen the ones that come built all in one with the pump, but I already have the pump.

Thanx

Comments

• Donny
    Donny Member Posts: 37
    aquqstats

Honeywell and White Rogers both make them about $110 for strap on and $60 for immersion type
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Under the...

... anything else catagory, go to www.gothotwater.com and have a look at demand systems. They are FAR more emergy efficient.

Yours, Larry
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Just buy

a set point control. Very inexpensive, strap on sensor and a lot more accuracy and adjustability than a well type cap tube aquastat. Johnstone Supply has a good selection. Setpoint controls allow you to adjust the differential, spread it fairly widre to prevent short cycling.

Wire and plug that into any nice quality timer. Even a hardware store pin type lamp timer would work.

Or buy the timer the pump manufactures offer, they generally mount right onto the pump, and add the setpoint control of your choice.

The demand system Larry mentioned are nice, sounds like you already have the pump and suystem installed?

Make sure it is a very small low wattage circulator, generally the smallest circ the manufacxtures off will do most residential jobs.

Make sure that the lines are insulated, or you will be circulating hot water and burning more fuel to keep those lines warm.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704

Taco offers the timer, and aquastat. The timer is available in analog, or digital, and the clamp on aquastat, has a fixed 20 degree temperature differential. The two can be used together, so the aquastat will cycle the pump on, and off within the preset time parameters you set up, allowing you to operate the recirculation system efficiently. For your reference I have attached the catalog, and submittal data information
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.