Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Splitting Zone for Diverter T system

I have one main in the basement where all the radiators are connected. Oddly, I do have another zone in the basement that runs on a separate circulator pump (not a diverter t, but single loop), there are two radiators on that and i have used it once in eight years.

I was hoping that some sort of manifold with pex could be constructed to achieve the split and cut out the T's that would no longer be used.

Thanks,Mike

Comments

• Splitting Zone for Diverter T system

Hi All,

I read the site periodically and would like to post a question.

I have a diverter-t system with cast iron radiators that supplies the 1st and 2nd floors of my home. I am interested in splitting the zone in hopes of achieving more comfort on the second floor and possibly some gain of efficiency. The thermostat is on the first floor. The house was built in 1952 (~2000 sqft cape/tudor style) and I have a Utica 105K BTU gas furnace.

My worries are that splitting the zone will actually work against my intentions.

Does it make sense to pursue a job like this?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Splitting Mono-Flo

It sure did in my case(did it many moons ago), are you lucky enough to have a separate perimeter main for the top floor?, or do they(rads) all come off the single main in the basement?

Dave
  • Bruce Stevens_2
    Bruce Stevens_2 Member Posts: 82
    My personal opinion it Depends

I split my parents but they had a split loop system where the first floor was on one loop and the second floor was on the other loop, the bath runs with either loop. Now if you have to find and split off every other set of tees and run a new loop or two I might look at other options.
This discussion has been closed.