Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I knew there would be a problem

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    When I looked

off the back of the carport and saw this:
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Then I walked in

And saw the returns...
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    and this one

too.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    In the basement

was the air handler.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Next to

the water heater
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    then I got

A close up of the outside unit
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    but I nearly

knocked my head against this
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    The

Big picture
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    This One

This one looks like old New Year's Eve party decorations.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    I guess

I guess there's not much of a demand for Tin Knockers in Atlanta.
  • John L
    John L Member Posts: 118
    Seen

my share of "horrific ductwork jobs" but I've never seen anything like this, surely these people at least could see that there was something wrong with this!! looks like the condensor was ripped apart for the copper. Good luck

John L.
  • The worse part is

I work with people that would look at the ductwork and go, "So what is the customers complaint?" or "duct problem?!, I don't see a duct problem!"

As long as air is moving it must work right?

Don in MO
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    \"Wellll.....

Isn't THAT Special?"

*~/:)

People Pay for That?

you might be entering into an illegal contract...There is a Law against entering into a contract with some one obviously inebriated :)
  • Weezbo
    ok...

THAT CERTAINLY IS dIFFERENT.

what might that box be hanging from the rafters ? for some reason,i think it to be an electrocution chamber for flying insects... why not have a contest called...What is This *~/:)
  • Weezbo
    now, that water heater is the First that i have ever seen...

Dialed in with such attention to detail.:)

The condensate trap lashed into the drain of the water heater is one curious looking piece of work.

*~/:)
  • Weezbo
    obviously, a Frustrated homeowner ....Honing his A.C. skills...

with a sledgeehammer :)

picture #1
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Weezbo:

Not only inebriated, but needing a thicker set of glasses to see correctly. Like the lady in "My cousin Vinny".:-)

Mike T.
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Does the Realtor call it Distressed?

In need of a little TLC perhaps?
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

Fixer upper formerly owned by Rube Goldberg.

Looks like a bear got to the condensing unit.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    UPDATE!!!

i hate to hose the real estate agent, but I found out the morning that the closing for this house is set for 25 January.

The email she sent me simply stated (In bold letters) "We will need this as soon as possible." No time frame, no "closing is set for the 25th, nothing.

I can't read minds.

Professor, this is about typical of a lot of houses in the Metro area.

Weezebo, I'm ashamed by this installation and if I get the job, it'll be done as right as I can do it with the money allowed.

John L. and Don in MO, most locals would say that there is nothing wrong, as long as the flex is reconnected....

Plumdog, I ain't commenting on that, especially after what she said to me this AM. She's distressed.

Paul Fredricks, not a bear, but a crackhead or 2.

Thanks all....
  • Weezbo
    jeff, i think while you may not have your mind reading suit back

from the cleaners ,just yet, i am fairly certain that you can read ,

'do as little as possible and get out'.

...all that generally is, is an attempt to high ball the game along . i see more than a days work there for me at least. i dont drink , smoke dope, get up late ,go home early ,work less than seven days a week.... well Sundays i usually am on coast for 5 1/2 hours and call it good...thing is unless you have plenty help ....
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    When I bid it,

I planned on replacing the heat pump, inside and out, along with the line set. I also added a few dollars to redo the ductwork properly.

The house actually closes today (real estate foreclosure) and I'm pretty confident I'll get the job. If anyone else bid, I won't get it.
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    run away

nobody has a vested interest in the property, and consequently you will have a tough time getting paid
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Looks like an updated version of the Tin Man

Jumping up to follow the yellow brick road!
  • Jeff Lawrence_26
    Jeff Lawrence_26 Member Posts: 4
    In the past

When the house closes, I get a check made out to me AT the CLOSING and given to the new owner. The new owner has to give it to me because it's no good to them. (their names aren't even on it) I don't do the work unless I actually see the check prior to the job start.
  • frank_51
    frank_51 Member Posts: 1
    air handlers

where can I obtain schematics of a air-handler,
    specifically on an American Energy Furnaces ?
  • scott w.
    scott w. Member Posts: 207

Obviously Larry Moe and Curly have started doing HVAC and electical wiring.

I think Larry had the code book upside down when doing this job. Then Moe grabbed the code book from larry and ripped it in half. Curly tried to put it back together but the pages fell out and well you know the rest.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Frank

First off, you should start a new post for others to be able to see what you're looking for.

Secondly, did you do a web search on American Energy Furnaces? I did and found http://www.magnumheat.com/magnum7500.cfm

• bmt8160
    bmt8160 Member Posts: 1
    oil leaking into furnace

Oil is leaking through the nozzel in my home furnace when the pump is off. What causes this ? I changed the gasket and strainer on the pump and replaced the nozzel but the problem remains. Do I just need to replace the pump or is there something else that can cause this problem?
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    speachless

I've usually got something to say.

I got nuthin'!
    terry
  • brucewo1b
    brucewo1b Member Posts: 638
    This would be a good time

to call in a pro and have them evaluate the problem he should have a test kit to determine the cause and correct fix.
  • Weezbo
    *~/:) ttekushan...

Good dude :)

someone just woke me up out of a DEAD sleep,i am so hammered from being the Zone control/out door reset/boiler bypass operator/etc etc i dont even know what day it is much less what time :) Did i wake u up he asked after i sit there thinking who IS This? Da...m ,is it Morning already?...God i am beat...i feel worse than when i went to sleep..;)

"oh no..." i say i just have a few more things to do today and am pondering when i can shoe horn you into the schedule :))

thought you would like the thought...the pictures are as you say :) canned responces work great though , my other most favorite is let me go out to the truck ...i got a tool for that...:)

:)

in the instance of these pics, however, i have to defer to your immediate experientcial ajudication :)

• Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    I Love...

the pvc soil pipe in this picture.

That must be a long radius running trap. :-)

Hope the bands on the fernco are real tight as it looks like the only thing holding it up.

Carefull working around that, if it comes down while your there.... Well, we all know what it's full of!
    Jim Bennett
This discussion has been closed.