Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Computer controlled thermostat for day by day scheduling?

I checked their web site. They have a system that you can dial into with a phone and use the keypad, but that won't meet our needs, unless you know of another.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve from Denver, CO

Comments

• Steve Garson_2
    Steve Garson_2 Member Posts: 712
    Computer controlled thermostat for day by day scheduling?

I am managing the facilities for a neighborhood building that is not in use every day. Having just reviewed the oil bills for the first time, we burn 5400 gallons of oila year for the steam system, roughly a gallon per degree day.

The building is typically heated to 70* from 8AM to 11PM and then set-back to 60*. But there are days when the building is never used at all, or other days that it is only used at night.

I would like to locate a way to review the building booking schedule for the week (or month) and then program the heat to only operate to the 70* temp when the schedule shows usage. This would have to be done from a desktop computer or web interface to be practical

Is there such a system that is affordable for this kind of application?
    Steve from Denver, CO
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    !

I would almost guarantee that Sensaphone has a product that would be a solution to this issue.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

I know that Honeywell has a system that will do this. Where are you geographically?
  • Steve Garson_2
    Steve Garson_2 Member Posts: 712

Boston area
    Steve from Denver, CO
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Try the T7350H. Go to http://customer.honeywell.com.
    Scroll all the way down to the bottom right corner and enter T7350H in the white box. That brings up all the lit. Try looking in specifications and in installation instructions and see if that looks like what you want. I was trying to find you a local rep but haven't yet.
  • tim_20
    tim_20 Member Posts: 41
    T7350h

Steve,
    the honeywell T7350 would work in yuor application with a modem etc. I don,t know who does your work but i work for good size commercial contractor and i'm sure we can be of help. You can e-mail me at timyeo@verizon.net if i can help. where in boston are you located? where are in the brighton area. Tim
  • Don_197
    Don_197 Member Posts: 184
    Web Enabled Programmable Thermostat

Hi,
    This is my first time to the Wall! (I am looking for best practicies for testing steam traps. HELPPP!!!) Anyway, this Web enabled stuff is what the biggest part of our business is. What you are looking for are Automated Logic products. I am currently doing this for a school district here in Medical lake, WA. The stats you are after are Automated Logic RC642's or if you want local override and digital display, you'll need the RC642D. The retail price per stat for the R642D will run you $275-$300. (not including installation) If you want to schedule from a computer locally (on a network cable in the same building as the stats) you will also need to buy the WebCtrl software for programming and interfacing the stats. The retail on this is about $900-$1200. If you want to be able to access the system from the internet, you will need a gateway (LGR25)and a high speed internet connection in the building. The retail price on the LGR25 will be between $$1200-1500. Chances are you will also need the assistance for programming/setup and possibly installation of your local Automated Logic Dealer. The dealer for Boston is Yankee Technology - Boston 1-508-698-5200. Good luck! Ia m having a blast with these products....and so is the school district.

Don
  • airdude
    airdude Member Posts: 1
    worker

Can someone please give me instructions on programming the AUTOMATED LOGIC RC642D controller or direct me where I can find it without going through AUTOMATED LOGIC!  Thank you!
  • Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    Bay Web

Look at Bayweb.com

The best price seems to be at DIYcontrols

http://www.bayweb.com/portal/docs/WebThermostatResidentialLiterature.pdf

You can set it up for any schedule any temp on any day or override from your computer or smartphone at any location.

we use 3 of them at 3 different houses. It saved my @$$ & many $$$$ last winter when the aqua-stat went out at our house in the Colorado mountains when the temp was breaking new lows each night.

You can even add a occupency sensor to alert you when there is movement in the building, or to set back the heat when the people leave.

Tim
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Try Ecobee stat

It is a simple device. Connects via wifi, internet access, Iphone app. Works pretty well. Simple setup. 
This discussion has been closed.