Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heat pupmp switching off on hi press.

Very true, Don...

But I can almost guarantee that nobody on your work force is in "pink-slip" danger!

Hope all is well in Virginia!

I'll be driving home to the Isle of Long this evening from Orlando, Florida and will wave as I pass Virginia!

Comments

• mike faust
    mike faust Member Posts: 58
    heat pump

We are currently installing a 3 ton goodman r410 heat pump. It was put into service on friday 3/21. After running for about 3 minutes it went off on high pressure. The guages shot right up to around six hundred psi. This is a 3 zones system but all zones were open. 15' of 16" flex from a central return collection box to a collection box on nthe return side of the air handler. Directly before the a/h is mounted an merv 11 high media filter. Any suggestions... Our tech is going to start by removing the media filter element....
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Start

Start off with measuring your total external static pressure.Then, break out the manufacturers fan performace data and see if you have the correct airflow across the coil.

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Aiflow and Non-condensables

Two things that should be addressed are airflow issues and the possibility of non-condensables in the system. Non-condensables could be present if the system was not evacuated properly and, since the high side is affected by the presence of noncondensables, this seems to be a logical place to start. To elimination this possibility, turn the system off and allow it to rest for about 30 minutes. Compare the static system pressure to the amboent and compare these numbers to the saturation temperatures and pressures for R-410A. If the actual pressure is higher than that on the P/T chart, you have non-condensables in the system that must be remove.

• don_185
    if you

If you are addressing both of these issue on a new install then,somebody going to get a pink slip.

• don_185
    orlando

So tell me,what is it about orlando that has you visiting every year?

Pink slip danger..I was awarded one acouple weeks ago.A very humbling experience,it was.

Maybe I can help keep you from feelin all alone as you travel down the road.just pretend you have kids in the back seat and every hour on the hour you hear.............

ARE WE THERE YET?

Happy Trials!

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Family

Three great reasons to visit Orlando...

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and nephew...
This discussion has been closed.