Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Basic Res. pool heaters

test out like regular voltage. When using the lower DC scales on the meter to test the system and measure millivolt drop if a switch is open you may read the voltage drop back through the valve coil. If you are interested I have an entire procedure on testing self generating which I will send you via postal mail. Just e-mail me your address.

What make of pool heater?

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Can I see a control opening?

On a millivolt system, I am trying to evaluate if a particular safety control is opening. Since it's been a while I assume that the meter will go to a voltage reading if a safety device has opened, etc... flo/limit/temp selector switch.etc... I have a Fluke meter that will tell me everything, but what I am experiencing is a slow reaction time from the actual fault. I find it hard to pinpoint because I am used to lo VAC that reacts instantly. Any thoughts?

My first step will be to clean pilot burner and test the powerpile unloaded. Thanks

Mike T.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Thanks Tim

Apperciate it buddy;-)

Hayward H-series H150

acting like a stat problem, but wnen manually jumping it out, takes a while to kick in. Just a note, I am very good at trouble shooting and am well versed in such.

Thanks again Tim.

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.