Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Froozen freezer drain

Thanks for your advises. My agency as decided to call in a contractor since I have been too busy with other properties. The contractor claim that the drain pipe needs to be repipe because it's too long (about 12'). The drain pipe is well insolated and it as been working well for the past five years or so. It seems like this problem would have happen before if this would be the case. What do you mean when you say that it might need a shot of nitrogen?

Thanks.

John

Comments

• Frozen freezer drain

We have a walk in freezer that as a froozen drain. When it goes in defrost cycle the water drip all over the floor. What would be the best way to handle this problem?

Thanks.

John
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    frozen drain line

are you sure its frozen could be plugged with gunk where is it leaking from
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Heat tape

Heat tape on the inside and a trap on the outside.Also check your pan heater.

As Ed said..check for gunk.

• Dr.A/C
    Dr.A/C Member Posts: 1
    your drain problems

Dude, check the drain, then test it with w a t e r. if alls good then put some heat tape on the drain line. Its a no brainer Dude.
  • chelini_2
    chelini_2 Member Posts: 2

A walk in freezer must have heat tape on the condensate drain and insulation(3/4 min 1" better) that is tightall the way up to the pan. Wire it into the fan circuit so the tape is warm on the freeze cycle. That way any exsess water will drain after the defrost. I would presume this has already been done. So as stated it could just be clogged and in need of a shot of nitrogen.

jim

• Thanks Jim,

What do you mean when you say that it might need a shot of nitogen?

John
  • Jim_108
    Jim_108 Member Posts: 49

nitrogen is under high pressure if the drain is not frozen and just clogged nitrogeris used to blow out the obstruction.
    jim
This discussion has been closed.