Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnam Mega Steam won't shut off

Options
Big Ed_4
Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
.....wire at the boiler and see if it stops. If not check the aquastat wiring and aquastat. If it stops check the thermostat , connections and thermo wire. See if it were stapled. Using the wrong staples cuts into the wire and could hold a circurt in. Use a meter ....Process of ilimiation is it way to find a problem if you scrach your head.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Billy_11
    Billy_11 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Ok, I finished my install of the burnham mega steam - I will post pics soon - here is my immediate problem...
    The boiler initially listens to the thermostat but then does what it wants. Example; I turn down the temp or even turn off the heat from the thermostat, the burner shuts down...then, after 1/2 hour or so switches back on. Is there a setting on the aquastat that is telling the boiler to maintain a specific internal temp? Wrong wiring on the thermostat? I don't know.
    Here are my details:
    Burnham Mega Steam, oil, auto water feed, Hydrolevel CG450, L4006A aquastat (215°-10°), HW VisionPro 8000 thermostat.
    Other than that the boiler works like a charm. Steam in 6 minutes, steam to rads in 10-25 minutes. I will do a seperate post with the details and photos. I'm just trying to get this problem solved first.
    Thank you.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options

Check for micro switches on the t stat. I am not familiar with the one you used but the honey well digital round t stat has 3 switches that need adjusted for steam systems.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Billy_11
    Options

Now that you mention it, I think I scanned over a specific code I need to enter or change into the thermosat for steam systems. I think by default it is set for hydronic. I will do that first then backtrack.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    That would change the run cycle

Which you need to change. But by keeping the dip switches on Hydronic would not keep the burner running past the set point.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Billy_11
    Options

No dip switches on the VisionPro 8000. It's all digital programing. It had a specific setting for steam. This seems to have solved the problem.
    Thank you for your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.