Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Power venter service issues

Jack
Jack Member Posts: 1,047
When Tjernlund introduced the UC1 board we had many of the same call you are getting. The two timers were not exactly cooperating with each other. The fix was to have the aquastat call the SS1/II, have the prepurge on the venter operate and when satisfied release the call to the burner. Give Tj a call at 800 255-4208 for additional info

Comments

• Kool Rod
    Kool Rod Member Posts: 175
    Power venter service issues

hey guys, I don't do many no heat calls; I did one yesterday and got my fanny handed to me, took me forever.

On a Tjunlund SS1, it was taking the safety circuit too long for the circuit to close. The carlin has 15 seconds, and it was dropping out (well, I increased the draft a little, so, it WAS dropping out, not any more).

Do I have a leak in my air switch? when I check the vacuum on the tubing, Magnahelic connected directly to the power venter, the gage jumps right to .1 or so. When I check it on the pressure tap on the air switch, it climbs rather slowly (hence the 10 or so seconds). Thanks for any help, next time i hope to mow through a power venter no heat a bit faster.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Gary

Those TJ proving switches can be tricky.
    How`s the boiler rooms CA inlet?, also check the entire TJ exhaust path, sometimes critters or bees like to build nests in there.

Dave
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    ok

Yes, the combustion was fine, it was just wishing I could be two places at once to check power (at the burner and at the PV). It was freaky...when I started the system from a dead stop, the primary would poop, then immediately I would mash the red button, and immediately the burner would kick on. I was going nuts. I almost asked the house wife to come down and help! But she had a sick child upstairs. I played around with bypassing the PV, and at one point I caught the primary not sending power to the burner motor, so I canned it and installed a Honeywell. Plus, the carlin has a funky 30 volt or whatever signal on the orange, so I was glad to ditch the silly cube relay at the PV. Thanks for letting me bend your ear, gw

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.