Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Phillies WIN!!

..... Member Posts: 2
it was a contained fire. the police put it out in the first place. it was in the middle of the street. nothing could of happened unless someone stood in it or threw more flammable things in it. ha it was a riot. whats a riot without a fire?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Mass Pandemonium...

I am in a hotel about 2 blocks away from the Phillies stadium. These people are going BEZERK!

They waited 28 years for a shot at the championship, and they GOT IT!

There is a crowd, actually a sea of people at Broad and Shunk in south Philly, and to think I was just there less than an hour ago!

Fun being a part of Philly History.

Congratulations Philadelphia!. You deserve it.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458

It's been a long time coming. GO PHILLIES
  • Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 1,034

My wife is down there. I went to a sporting goods in the suburbs to get shirts---over 5,000 people in line backed out into street for several blocks. So far, no riots and crowds fairly well behaved.

Go Phils!
  • Students at West Chester U

overturned several cars, attempted setting one on fire and had a bit of a riot until the riot-equipped staters arrived & gassed the crowd. Police video-tapped the crowd, so no doubt some students will become ex-students. Mike said there was a crowd of 500 to 1,000 gathered along the blocks in front of the house where they were visiting to watch the game & they watched the events unfold from the front porch.

The bars in Philly aren't closed yet ME. Give em time.
  • paul_91
    paul_91 Member Posts: 62

LETS GO METS 2009!!!!..... LOL..EVEN THOUGH YOU GUYS ARE MY RIVALS YOU DESERVE IT CONGRATS...GREAT TEAM
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    I enjoyed every minute

of every game. It was terrific!

How many days 'til Opening Day?
    Retired and loving it.
    ..... Member Posts: 2

> overturned several cars, attempted setting one on

> fire and had a bit of a riot until the

> riot-equipped staters arrived & gassed the crowd.

> Police video-tapped the crowd, so no doubt some

> students will become ex-students. Mike said there

> was a crowd of 500 to 1,000 gathered along the

> blocks in front of the house where they were

> visiting to watch the game & they watched the

> events unfold from the front porch.

>

> The bars

> in Philly aren't closed yet ME. Give em time.

I highly doubt they will kick anyone out. Someone got tasered. I was part of the crowd and it was awesome. You had to be there. It was absolute insanity. And we just started a fire we never tried to set the car on fire.
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458

And why did you find it necessary to start a fire to begin with? That is exactly what gets sports fans in trouble and puts a big nasty dark cloud over all of Philly sports.
This discussion has been closed.