Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New boiler

Pedro_3
Pedro_3 Member Posts: 9
Good morning gentleman,

I am going to invest on a new boiler and I have some questions. I am looking for some opinions on getting the gas meter installed at my home upgraded. I’ve learned a lot from reading on this forum and I know I can get some sound advice from all of you. I just got a gas service installed at my home with a meter that is rated at 250CFH and half in Diff. I will net to get installation for a boiler, tank less water heater, stove and a gas dryer. The boiler is rated for 100KBTU, the stove at 40KBTU, tank less at 180KBTU and the dryer at 30KBTU. The furthest appliance would be the gas dryer and it would be at approx. 60-65 ft, the tank less would follow at 55-60 ft, stove 50-55 ft and the boiler would be at approximately 25 ft. The meter has a .75 in output from it. What would be the adequate size pipe to be used and would the meter need to be changed?? I would like get a space heater installed in the future for the garage at about 30KBTU at 75-80ft from meter, but if this would drive costs way up I could settle for a propane one and just use it for when I do work on my car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated so I can be better educated in making a decision.

Thanks again for all your help

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,783
    Gas Service

Depends on what pressure drop your gas company wants you to follow. But it looks like a 1 1/4 iron pipe. And yes you will need a bigger meter.
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
This discussion has been closed.