Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grunfos

Doug Bird
Doug Bird Member Posts: 22
FYI, the Taco 00R-IFC 3 speed switch & knob are integral to the electrical box. When you remove the cover, the knob stays put. You don't have to line up anything. The snap fit cover, dual electrical knockouts , as well as the single retaining screw are also time savers.

Comments

• amhplumb_2
    amhplumb_2 Member Posts: 62
    Grunfos \"Brute III\" question.

I have a question on a Grunfos "Brute III" circulator, I've never installed one of these before. Is there any trick to setting the knob for the three speed switch(the knob is part of the removable cover for the wiring connections)? The knob doesn't have a keyway or flat on it to match up with the flat on the switch (at least this one didn't and it didn't appear to be broken!) Also, nothing in the directions regarding it. I had to set the switch from the inside in order to change between the speeds. Any thoughts?
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

even the 15-58's have to be lined up. I find low with the switch, and align the cover / lever, and assemble...it should have a flat spot on the switch.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • amhplumb_2
    Could the cover be defective?

Tim, The switch has a flat spot, but the button that's built into the cover doesn't. It doesn't appear to be broken, do you think it could have been a bad run when they made the covers? Thanks, Al
  • chris_93
    chris_93 Member Posts: 84
    cover

the covers can sometimes be a pain in the butt. I hold the cover over the switch pin with a little pressure and move the switch from low to high until it sets in. There is no real flat spot to line up.
  • amhplumb_2

Thanks Doug,
    I'll keep that in mind on the next one let me tell ya! This was an early morning Saturday favor for a family member and that was all we could get! Funny thing, I usually only have problems with parts and material when I am doing favors, hope the trend stays away from the paying customers!
  • Tombig_4
    Tombig_4 Member Posts: 45
    Grundfoss 3-speed....

....has been my pump of choice since they came out. A little twist of the speed knob as you're setting the cover to find the "happy spot" and you're done. No worries
This discussion has been closed.