Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

This touched my heart (Dan H.)

having been a serviceman with no one waiting to greet him on the pier at the end of some long deployments it does my heart good to know THESE kids are receiving better.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I was sitting in Midway Airport in Chicago yesterday,

waiting to fly home after a long week on the road, when someone got on the public address system to say that a Marine was returning home from two tours in Iraq and that he would be landing at Gate B3 in 10 minutes. How about if lots of people showed up at the gate to welcome him home. Hundred did, the aplause was thunderous, and it was a beautiful moment.
    Retired and loving it.
  • That IS touching....

THanks for sharing.

ME
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Nice way

to end your trip, Dan.

As ME said, thanks for sharing.

Jack
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Excellent

As it should be, now and forever. And as it should've always been.

God Bless America !
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 764

It is their service and the service of their "dead men" that makes it possible for all of us to live the lives that we do.

When my son and one of his buddies finished high school, my son was fortunate enough to go to collage and will be a petroleum engineer next year. His buddy joined the reserves in order to help pay for collage and 4 years later is still in the middle east. It is pretty obvious which one of these photos is my son.

Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman
  • troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    Returning Vets

I witnessed the same procession in Atlanta. Everyone stopped, backed up and let the vets pass while clapping. In this cloud of the campaign nasties going on around us it sure was reassuring that the silent majority still lives. These guys deserve our ultimate respect and honor for allowing us to live ours in freedom.
  • Toddid Goldsmith's
    Toddid Goldsmith's Member Posts: 77
    Heartfelt thanks

I got off a plane in Laguardia airport 12 April 1968. A man with grey hair, and a warm smile, saw me, walked over, put his hand on my shoulder, and said Thank you. I don't know who he was,and I never saw him again, but I will never forget him.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Awe Inspiring!

God Bless The USA
  • Leo_10
    Leo_10 Member Posts: 22
    It is refreshing

It is always refershing when people show appreciation for our servicemen. Sadly many of today's people just don't ged it. My hat's off to that young Marine and all the men and women serving in all parts of the world.

God Bless America and may the flag always wave with pride.

Leo
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    We need

More people like him.

And even more people to applaud them.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620

That's awesome! Thanks Dan.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Vets

On my way to Texas last week , I met 2 guys just getting back from Iran. I had to stop and thank them for their service . We all should go out of way , when we see these guys , to stop and thank them .
  • Mark Hunt_4
    Mark Hunt_4 Member Posts: 68
    What a welcome home!

Every one of our soldiers deserve a HUGE WELCOME HOME when they get here.

God bless them!

Mark H
This discussion has been closed.