Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Who Rock Boston

joel_19
joel_19 Member Posts: 931
wish i was there they can still rock for sur.What's great is all the young kids getting into them since so many of their songs are being used on TV shows and commercials. We had the tube on awhile back and CSI came on my 12 year old goes "who's that"?? after the theme song and he was hooked.

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    saw The Who

play Boston fleet center last night.

We had no idea what to expect from two guys in thier sixtys. They answered that question right from the begining ... The Rocked the place. Townsend was cranking the guitar all night, almost playing with Hendricks like jamming.

They played Baba O'Rielly, Won't Get fooled Agian, Eminance FRont, Love Reigh On Me, The Seeker, Behind Blue Eyes and many others.

Encore was a mini Tommy.

Just awesome, I felt fifteen again.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brad White_202
    Brad White_202 Member Posts: 105
    You felt 15 what now?

I have to hand it to you, Scott- you are living the dream and seeing history with new eyes. Plus now you can afford the tickets...

At least now we are in the age of LED flashlights rather than lighters for the encore...

Peace, Out.

Brad
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Roger Daltry one of the greatest. Ever!

Sincerely,

A Real Good Looking Boy

I'll bet the crowd response was incredible, jealous very jealous...
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    I've got tickets.

I'll be seeing them on Wednesday night in New Jersey.
    One of my clients is a talent manager for bands like Metallica and others.
    He got me VIP seats.

Thanks for the heads up.

Looking forward.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    John

My brother and I went and we were talking about what the show would be like. We figured it would be a little on the mellow side. Wrong !!

Every once in a while Daltry has a little trouble but Townsend working the Guitar. I know hes not a screaming lead guy but the power chords where blasting.

You'll see a great show.

Scott

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

Very jealous Scott. I know what you're talking about. When I saw them on their last trip through it was the same, just amazing. Except for 2 notable absences, time seems to have almost stood still for these guys.

John, buddy, pal, anything else I can say to suck up, brown nose. I am but a poor beggar with hand outstretched...

Oh well, have a great time. I know you will.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    The Boys are All Right

Color me jealous too. Did they do any quadrophenia? Love... Reign oer meeeeeeeeee!!!!! WW

• Howie_6
    Howie_6 Member Posts: 8
    I saw them in Madison Square Garden...

almost thirty five years ago. It was shortly before my 11th grade New York State Regents exams. I was supposed to take Trigonometry and Physics. It was the night of The Who concert that we found out that our Yeshiva H.S. friends in Brooklyn had stolen the exams and they would be canceled that year. It was a very good night.
  • Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Roger Daltrie

.....In late breaking news, and what only be described as a very bizzare crime, Roger Daltrie and crew were arrested after breaking into a local kennel and freeing several animals.

Later officials stated that it was "The Who" who let the dogs out.......

Pablo(Whose Line is it Anyway) Rohrs
  • Paul Fredricks_8
    Paul Fredricks_8 Member Posts: 35
    Oy!

Woof...woof, woof woof woof!
  • JohnNY
    Opening band?

Scott, was there an opening band?

I'm going tomorrow night.

Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • I heard

Beethoven and Mozart re-united for the tour.

They're all about the same age!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just kidding.

WHO would WANT to open for The Who?? They'd be booed off the stage in seconds. Kinda' like Joan Jett when she opened for Deep Purple in Rochester, NY. Bad Company finished the tour after that.

Have fun John!!

Mark H
  • JohnNY
    Well...

I actually prefer Joan Jett to Deep Purple.

Bad Reputation is serious Rock and Roll, dude.

Don't get mad. Just a personal preference.

Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613
    Who ........

Pushed the wheelchairs??? Townsends "research" cured me of the Who (not that I was huge fan anyway).
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315

When I saw the Who 2 years ago, The Pretenders opened for them. They were one of my favorite bands in the 80's and still sounded great, although the sound guy didn't do them any favors.
  • Paul Fredricks_9

Did anyone see the Who at Shea back in the early 80's? I know The Clash opened for them, but there was a band that played first. I just can't remember who it was. Anyone?
  • Jim Kelleher_7
    Jim Kelleher_7 Member Posts: 9

Revised: was it David Johanson aka Buster Poindexter?
    I wasn't there.
    The Clash October 12,13, 1982
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    OK

But there was another band. They played both days, I think, before the Clash went on. Maybe they were local, I don't know.

At least that's how I remember it. That right there makes it fairly suspect.
  • Bob Vennerbeck
    Bob Vennerbeck Member Posts: 105
    WHOs on first

In the mid 1960's, the grade school girl who would later become my wife got such good grades that her grandfather agreed to take her to a Herman's Hermits concert at the Rhode Island Auditorium. They both enjoyed the main act, but were horrified when the opening act destroyed their instruments on stage - some noisy hooligans calling themselves the WHO...
  • Not mad at all

I didn't boo Joan. I thought she was doing a fine job and I like a few of her songs.

I felt bad for her.

Mark H
  • JohnNY
    OMG!

The Who killed me last night.

I can't believe how Pete Townsend still has it after all this time. He's an amazing guitarist and entertainer.
    Daltry is an inspiration.

If you get a chance to see them, take advantage of seeing these living legends now.

Pete Palladino did a great job and Zak Starkey proved quite capable filling those large shoes.

Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Still

Still envious. But I guess you can't see every show.

Last night I took Angel and the kids to Circ de Sole at MSG for my daughters B'day. What a great show. 3rd row center didn't hurt either.

Tomorrow it's Robin Williams in CT, 7th row!
This discussion has been closed.