Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

freidrich PTACs

and even found documentation from the consumer safety protection agency and freidrich themselves regarding the potential for overheating/fire on very specific units; model and serial numbers to boot. but i was hoping to get some 1st hand exp on the whole mess. customers/insurance companies want to blame the last person that had their hands on it; nothing new

Comments

• has anyone had fires

with these units due to fan switch/heat pack problems?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Hi Mike

Carrier Corp. has a recall on their P-Tak's due to fire hazard. You might want to see if the inerts are made by the same company.

Mike T.
  • Empire_2
    Mike, My thoughts on the Ptak

I never liked the fact that the Carrier models, after satisfying shut down the fan immediately. The snap disc are 1 timers and usually kicked out due to this reason. You can pop, or reset in by taking foil tape over the metal p[art of the disc and quickly pulling it off. Not that this is normal, but nonsense trips are a pain on the @#*...

Mike T.
  • sheesh

what a cheezy set up. and we're looking at whose 6-figure responsibility it'll be
  • Empire_2
    Oh well

Since they are only about 3 to 6 KW, and the hotel Voltage is 277 which, by the way hurts when Zapped,... Hurts..:-) . Anyone can contest the design of any piece of equip. and since it's a package unit, don't fret. That's like installing a RTU and having it burst into flames due to questionable design. There's nothing to worry about till there's something to worry about. At least that's what Grand Pa.. used to say.

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.