Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Freeze protection with Honywell pro stats

Options
Unless specified by the manufacturer. This is usually a default setting which is provided by a microprocessor as long as the power isn't out for extended periods of time.

Comments

• Boilerpro_3
    Boilerpro_3 Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    ?

Do the Pro 3000 stats have freeze protection in case of a dead battery? I can't seem to find any info on this in the installation manual.

Boilerpro
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

No, Honeywell stats don't have freeze protection. Sometimes what folks are thinking of when they want freeze protection is a way to keep the heat at a minimum no matter what. But if you loose power or have a failure in the system, the stat couldn't help with that anyway. Freeze protection in the stat would be useful if the stat failed, which is highly unlikely.

• Boilerpro_3
    Boilerpro_3 Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    It sounds like NO

What I was thinking of is something like the Erie stats ... they have a freeze protection circuit that will turn on the heat at about 45F even if the battery is dead. These stats work great, when they work, but lately I have been seeing multiple stats that do not work right out of the box. Swapping in a new stat unto the orignal base seem to fix the problem every time. I am beginning to suspect that they are being shipped with bad batteries....Next thing to check.

Boilerpro
This discussion has been closed.