Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Techmar 269 for 1 pipe steam

Options
Could you outline the stratagy for the use of a steam timer I understand it regulates the run time of the boiler as to the need of the outside temp/ heat loss. How is this diferent from the t-stat. I have a mid size commercial bldg. with poor insulation so the stat follows the outside temp prety close. how do you save $ with this type of control? thanks T.

Comments

• carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

anyone know anything about steam timers?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    My Opinion

The Tekmar #A-269 job is to regulate indoor temp based on firing time of the boiler. As a result, the firing time of the boiler is based on outdoor temp, condensate return temp, and adjustable controller settings.
    Your t-stat is now eliminated from system and replaced with an optional 074 sensor for the Tekmar #269 control. Since your building is poorly insulated it may be a waste to persue this control any longer. Basically you would save money because the control fires the boiler in adjustable time patterns to maintain indoor comfort levels and monitors what the OD temp and what the temp of the condensate comming back is. Less cycles per hour would be needed as the temp OD goes up. Not just on and off as the T-stat says
This discussion has been closed.