Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to get a small circ.

Ed Lentz_2
Ed Lentz_2 Member Posts: 158
Thanks Tankless for the suggestion I'll give them a try.

Mike

"Try making the warmer the "pump" of a gravity DHW recirculation system." Not sure what you mean there. The reason it didn't turn out to good is that I have an outdoor reset and the warmer only gets warm when the floor wants to warm the house. I'd just like to be able to toast them up when I want. Never thought about shining it up, Brasso? or Bar keepers Friend?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Ed Lentz_2
    Ed Lentz_2 Member Posts: 158
    Small circ

I fashioned a towel warmer out of some 1/2 copper, and I connected it to my staple up tubing. I am finding that that wasn't the best idea. I have a spare taco 007 waiting for a new BB zone but I think that would be OVERKILL. Can someone suggest a small circulator that I can use just for this purpose? and possibly an online place to get it? I thought I would just run a pipe off the boiler and install a switch to turn it on from the Bathroom as needed.
  • Brian (Tankless)
    Brian (Tankless) Member Posts: 340
    A good start

www.laing-inc.com or www.lainginc.com not sure which.

Their pumps are so quiet you'll have to touch them to make sure they're running.

Good luck,

Brian.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928

I connected it to my staple up tubing. I am finding that that wasn't the best idea

Am curious. What's the problem? Are the towels not fluffy and thirsty? Only that way in cold weather?

Try making the warmer the "pump" of a gravity DHW recirculation system.

p.s. Keep that copper VERY shiny or you'll loose radiant heat that could have gone to the towels via conduction.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO

If your towel warmer is the highest element of a gravity DHW recirculation system it becomes the "pump". Keeping it extra-shiny minimizes radiation transfer.

Tying a towel warmer into [typical] digitally controlled space heating systems is, as you see, nearly fruitless...

• coreys
    coreys Member Posts: 27

You did not say what the problem was, but you could potentially use something like this for a small circ:

http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/plumbing/recirculators/grundfos/grundfosup1016bubuypage.asp
  • Kevin_in_Denver_2
    Kevin_in_Denver_2 Member Posts: 588
    Run the hot water to the shower thru it

The perfect control. Not too good for bathers though.
    Superinsulated Passive solar house, Buderus in floor backup heat by Mark Eatherton, 3KW grid-tied PV system, various solar thermal experiments
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO

You'll never get a properly warmed and fluffy towel that way. Not enough time.
This discussion has been closed.