Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

running lights?

Options
any thoughts on how i can have lights on the thermostat to tell me how my boiler is doing :
yellow--thermosat calling for heat
green---boiler steaming
red--boiler off on safety
maybe there is a thermostat with these features installed

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lights

I did what you are trying to do 5 yrs ago you need a taco 501 relay a transformer 120volts to 24 volts 2 24 volt led lights wire tstat to tt on relay run 2wire tstat cable from TT on boiler/burner control wire other end to 5 and 6 on taco control break 1 wire of cable and wire to secondary side of transformer(24 volt side) wire green led to 24 volt and common terminal of taco control mount red led to alarm circuit on oil burner control now on a cal for heat green led lights on a burner lock out red led lights up sorry I never saved a wiring diagram my memory might be off but some variation of this will work
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lights

I did what you are trying to do 5 yrs ago you need a taco 501 relay a transformer 120volts to 24 volts 2 24 volt led lights wire tstat to tt on relay run 2wire tstat cable from TT on boiler/burner control wire other end to 5 and 6 on taco control break 1 wire of cable and wire to secondary side of transformer(24 volt side) wire green led to 24 volt and common terminal of taco control mount red led to alarm circuit on oil burner control now on a cal for heat green led lights on a burner lock out red led lights up sorry I never saved a wiring diagram my memory might be off but some variation of this will work
This discussion has been closed.