Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

looking for a contrls web site

I am more building a lab than building a box. First thing to do is to get more information to make heating decisions on. I start by having supply and return water temps for each of my 14 zones as well as the room MRT. The add more information, like solar track, cloud cover and window locations to predict solar heat gain.

My plan is to first try to build a preasonable model for the heat response of the zones. Then I will use that to do things like turn off the radiant zones before the heat gain starts, since the heat gain happens faster than the radiant surface can lower it's output.

How effective is setback with slow response radiant surfaces? Run some zones with it and see.

jerry

Comments

• jerry scharf_3
    jerry scharf_3 Member Posts: 419
    I think I'm beyond what interests most of the wall people

Carol,

I posted a thread to the wall (heating model) about a heating control system I am building from scratch. Some people are interested, but few have control internals experience. Do you know of any site where this kind of thing is discussed and would be able to take a hard look at what I'm doing? I'm trying to build someting that can allow complex control systems to be implemented and evaluated.

thanks,
    jerry
  • Ed_26
    Ed_26 Member Posts: 284
    controls

try here: www.HVAC-talk.com (controls)
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Beyond the wall, eh? I don't know where more complex issues are discussed. You might email mark.eatherton@comcast.net and ask if he knows.
  • David_25
    David_25 Member Posts: 3
    Better mouse trap?

I would be interested in knowing about a control that can improve over todays microprosser controls. I think a gadget that would give you exact heat loss and boiler performace could go a long way in choosing the best set up for these controls. Is this what you are looking for? Also I must thank Carol for getting a honeywell person in touch with me to fix a boiler reset problem I had.

Thanks

David Schilling
  • carol_3
    you're welcome

> I would be interested in knowing about a control

> that can improve over todays microprosser

> controls. I think a gadget that would give you

> exact heat loss and boiler performace could go a

> long way in choosing the best set up for these

> controls. Is this what you are looking for?

> Also I must thank Carol for getting a honeywell

> person in touch with me to fix a boiler reset

> problem I had.

>

> Thanks

>

> David Schilling

• carol_3

You're welcome!
This discussion has been closed.