Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

February 23rd Seminar

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    What I Will be Teaching

Here is a (relatively) quick once-over of what will be covered at my February 23rd seminar at the Holiday Inn in Plainview.

Geared towards those of you (chillheads)who service air conditioning equipment, the half-day seminar starts with a graphical review of the basic refrigeration cycle, which will help clarify the concepts that will be discussed later on. The concept of a repeating-cycle versus a non-repeating cycle is discussed as well.

As part of the refrigeration cycle review/disussion, the concepts of superheat and subcooling will be addressed in a manner that will leave you wondering why you ever had difficulty with these ideas in the past. Be sure to ask me about the desert island at the seminar!

Now that we've got the preliminary work out of the way, it's time to delve deep into the world of pressure-enthalpy. But not like you would expect. No need for calculus or the like, we'll discuss this topic in easy-to-understand English so that service technicians, apprentices, service managers and others who wish to be in-the-know will have absolutely no problems following along.

But what exactly is pressure-enthalpy?

Glad you asked!

Pressure is, well, pressure... So far so good, right? Great.

Enthalpy is heat. Plain and simple.

The pressure enthalpy chart (also known as the Mollier diagram) is a graphical way to see an air conditioning or refrigeration system with regards to pressure and heat.

To plot an air conditioning system on the p-e or p-h diagram (pressure-enthalpy, or pressure-heat) you take the information you have already obtained from your basic service, such as system pressures and temperatures, and plot these data on the chart. With practice, this can take as little as 2 minutes.

Now... with this completed chart, you will be able to perform some really cool (no pun intended) calculations. You will be able to determine the actual system capacity, condenser capacity, energy efficieny rating (EER) and a whole lot more. Wouldn't it be great to go up to a system that has a 3-ton nameplate and know for sure that you are getting at least 3 tons of cooling from it? I think so!

In addition, the completed pressure enthalpy chart, along with the calculations you performed, is a great troubleshooting tool. Being able to "see" what is going on inside those refrigerant lines give you that added edge that separates average technicians from great ones.

Here's what you get at the seminar:

1 - A full 4 hours of learning time with an industry recognized and decorated teacher (that's me)

2 - A copy of my celebrated book: PRESSURE ENTHALPY WITHOUT TEARS

3 - A kit that contains all you need to begin plotting air conditioning and refrigeration systems on your own (The kit contains a binder for note taking, clear plastic ruler, colored pencils colored pens, a calculator and a laminated pressure-enthalpy reference card)

4 - A floppy disc with an Excel spreadsheet program that will do all of the presure enthalpy calculations for you!

The materials you walk away with are worth the price of admission by themselves!

In addition to the technical materials you get, you will also be fed... WOW!

Morning attendees get breakfast and a delicious lunch, while afternoon attendeed get the same great lunch and an afternoon snack.

So guys.... what are you waiting for?

I look forward to seeing you guys (and gals) in February!

Here's the brochure:
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    !

• scott inM.E.
    scott inM.E. Member Posts: 68
    would like to buy your new book....

I was very interested in the seminar, but due to my work sched. for the next few months I could not fit it in. It sounds like an excellent seminar. I would like to buy your book and was wondering if it will be availabe on this website soon.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    As soon as it is, you will be notified...

I made a note and, as soon as the book is available, you will receive an e-mail from me.

Thanks for exrepssing your interest and, yes, it is a pretty awesome event, IMHO.

Regards and thanks again.
  • Keith W.
    Keith W. Member Posts: 29
    Add me to the book list

Please let me know when the book's available too, Okay? Thanks. And, will there be anything (a video of the workshop? hint, hint) that would cover the rest of the material you'll cover, that's not in the book? I can't make it to the workshop I don't think, it's too far. Sounds great though.

Keith
This discussion has been closed.