Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radient Heat & Daikin AC Integration

Options
I am preparing to put radient heat into the slabs of a Mid Rise apartment building in NYC. The cooling will be provided by Daikin AC systems. I would like to have the AC and heat work from one thermostat,

I would like further to be able to have the Daikin AC provide hot air to temper the cold apt. while the radient system is coming up to temprature (i.e. if the radient heat sensor reaches 65 and is rising the daikin heat fans would shut down).

This does not seem that hard to achieve but apparently is. Do you have nay guidance that does not involve two themostats and could be bought off the shelf.

Comments

• carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

I think you can do it with a 2-stage heat-cool thermostat. I'll give you a couple thermostat numbers, you can pull the technical info from the website (customer.honeywell.com, go to the very bottom right corner and enter one thermostat number at a time in the bottom box). Then I would ask your Daiken rep if it will work with their equipment.

For a mid-range non-programmable 2-stage heat/cool thermostat, look at the Honeywell TH5220. For programmable, look at the TH6220. For top of the line--which I recommend--look at the TH8320 touch screen stat.
This discussion has been closed.