Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

First Cooling Call

You may have to tailor your product to the conditions at hand. Rheem brand products use 1/4" liquid line to 2.5 ton.

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Of this season

Okay, it was right around the 70 degree mark yesterday. The days are getting longer and the temps are rising.

Lady called the VM yesterday evening and asked to schedule a cooling check up soon. It ain't warm enough yet!

Then the real story came out. She lives in a condo complex that was built about 20 years ago as apartments and converted to condo's. As I could see when I went out there last summer, not much was done to the mechanical systems, except to give them the the condo owner. This particular condo is in the middle of 3 stacked on top of each other. The one above this unit has 'flooding' issues with the condensate and has flooded the bottom unit 3 times this year. (I guess I'm supposed to wave a magic wand and fix the problem of 3/4" commons condensate drains?)

This is going to be a fine summer, I can already tell.

Oh, and don't get me started about upgrading these condo's to 13 SEER. New condenser and AHU will be easy. I don't think the 13 SEER equipment will run well on a 1/4" liquid line.....
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    You're right

A 25 foot verticle lift is okay for straight cool, 13 SEER applications, but not heat pump.
This discussion has been closed.