Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tankless choice

Mfg. that you folks install...whaich do you like the most (ie. had the best and worst luck with) Takagi, Noritz, Rinnai, Bosch? I have a large hose upcomming and need input.(2 heaters needed in diff. parts of the home) ty,kpc

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=323&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124

• D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    rinni

have one in my house
  • Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Noritz

Have the thickest heat exchanger piping, widest product selection including commercial versions, largest market share both domestic and abroad.

With that said, I'd also be consider what your plumber is familiar/happy with. He's the guy your going to call if/when there is an issue.

We used to sell Takagi. Product was ok, but we dropped them because of poor support both on phone and in the field. Too many issues. Very happy the Noritz. Only 1 issue so far, a small dent in a jacket cover - probably hit in transit.

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    I am the..

installer. I want to install a good product that will give the customer many trouble free years of service.kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Ask around

I would suggest you talk to your local wholesalers, ask them what their experiences are, what brands they carry. From our chair, we don't want to sell a product we can't get support on regardless of perceived reputation. We probably would still be selling Takagi if they had a factory trained service agent in our area to handle warranty/service issues that we had.

Keep in mind, a lot of the issues are installer related, not the fault of the manufacturer. I think proper training, both for you as the installer, and for the wholesaler selling it, is important. Knowledge of the product, its proper application, and its limitations, are key to good/successfull installs.

Shortly after we took on Noritz, we had a factory trainer at our facility. We had 6 plumbers come in for a 5 hour class to become factory certified techs. So now, besides these guys buying/selling the product, if a homeowner has an issue, there is a pool of trained professionals to draw from.

They are all good brands - I wouldn't be upset if I had any one of them in my home - but I think Noritz is the best of the bunch.

Another $.02
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    My 2 cents

Noritz or Rinnai.

Stay away from Bosch.....
This discussion has been closed.