Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I need some Chiller data

I am having trouble locating the chiller data for a Trane water cooled chiller. Specifically, i am looking for the kw/ton information for 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% load conditions.

The model # is RTHC1C2FOHOG1L4G1LFVQUOD

I need this data to help me calculate energy savings for a night time thermostat setback.

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Try This

But I also have to question if night setback will get the savings you desire (compared to the energy spent on "draw-down" during AM start-up.

The reduced load profile is key with continuous operation. You may also want to model reduced condenser water temperatures. Real savings there.

My $0.02

Brad
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • let me clarify

the night time setback is on the HVAC system and I need the data on the chiller to see if it is worthwhile.

I also plan on implementing chilled water reset so that it is not always sending out 42 deg F water if it is not needed for the cooling load.

Finally, I am looking at chiller staging since they have 4 chillers. this is the one chiller i did not get the data from and need to see if they can stage the chillers based on the load to always operate at the most efficient range.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    CHW Reset

Good idea on CHW reset.

We do it a couple of different ways but the most reliable is to schedule it to outdoor wet bulb temperature (along with condenser water by the way).

Naturally when it is muggy out, the colder CHW is necessary to dehumidify, say 42 degrees. When dry out (even if warm) you can raise it to the point that your RH rises above say 45-50 percent; maybe that is 46-48 degrees depending on your coil rows and outside air percentage.

Of course the more air systems you have to monitor the more complicated this benchmark becomes. But on large built-up systems or with good DDC controls, this is all eminently workable.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.