Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lockable thermostat...

If you want to see the TH8110 on line, go to customer.honeywell.com. At the very far right bottom corner, enter TH8110 in the little white box and click on the arrow. On the next page that comes up, click on "installation instructions."

Comments

• Onree
    Onree Member Posts: 2

I first posted this in the heating section, but I guess it really belongs in the controls section, which could use more topics anyway.
    We have a problem in a group home where the "clients" are constantly messing with the thermostat settings. Of course, they always bump it by four or five degrees. This morning when I got there it was set at 64 degrees. Brrrrr! and expensive. I'm trying to find a thermostat that the setting can be locked with a pass code entry or something similar, where one must enter a code to change the system setting. It shouldn't be that hard to do with a programable thermostat, but I haven't been able to find one with that functionality. I've seen the wire or plastic cages that go around the 'stat, but there must be a better solution than that. Any suggestions? The system is a Bryant heat pump with electric resistance coil backup.
    Thanks-----------------
    Onree
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Invensys.......

I think Rob Shaw makes it, but there are many if you ask or look in the commercial dept. of any manufacturer. I use the Invensys in my house to keep my wife out,..;-). Has a 4 digt. pass code...

Mike T.
  • JackFre
    JackFre Member Posts: 225
    www.braeburnonline.com

The Premier series models 3000, 5000, 5050, etc... Short term hold and extended hold with simple push of two buttons. Unlocks the same way!
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Look at the Honeywell touch screen stat, TH8110. Use the installer setup to lock and unlock. They'll never get into it!
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    ONLY

if they don't get a hold of the instructions! So far we put a slug into 3 hardware stores. Nobody has figured out how to get past the lock yet!
  • carol_3

glad to hear it.
  • Charles G.
    Charles G. Member Posts: 113
    Thermostat

White-Rodgers makes a line w/remote sensor. The t'stat goes in your office (or closet/basement/wherever) and the sensor goes @ site of existing 'stat. In fact, I've left the stat on the wall, put the sensor IN the 'stat and let them push buttons til their fingers fall off. Who says heating/cooling can't be fun...
  • carol_3

You trickster, you! For the record you can do that with the Honeywell line, too.
This discussion has been closed.