Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baked,Fried or Roasted?

Hello! Just an informal survey.!Baked=Attic Work! Fried=Black Tar Rooftop Work!! Roasted= Silver Reflective Painted Tar Rooftop Work!!! Which Do You Like ? Which You Don't? DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS, so you can Enjoy your day !

Comments

• don_182
    don_182 Member Posts: 69
    None of the above.

This time of year I try to become a crawldog and replace those poor distribution system.

It not much standing room but with all the leaks in the ducts it sure is nice working in condition area.

Nothing I hate more then working under the sun andn around a bunch of heat rejecting equipment.

Sign Crawldog.
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Sauteed

That's when the roof is burning your feet right through the sole and you're tiptoeing your way back to the small shade behind the rooftop unit.

I hate rooftop units.

They're the least imaginative location to place mechanical equipment; the worse as far as allowing safe maintenance and decent monitoring; a giant drain on efficiency, condensers are not happy in the full sun either; and finally, just plain destructive to a roof that asks nothing more than to keep the rain out. How lame.

In the winter, it starts all over again, with the roof top furnaces. Useless garbage. There is always a better way than the poor compromise of putting all the vital building parts up on the roof.

Good thing you keep yourself moist and tender while you're being roasted, you wouldn't want to be burned to a crisp, it would spoil the taste.

:P

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

When I did rooftop work I remember putting duct tape on my boots to keep the melting tar off the soles. But on nicer days the roof was a great place to eat lunch.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Broasted!

They cooked an egg in a parking lot on the local news yesterday - took 20 minutes time.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.