Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need Certification?

Options
I will be in Boston August 14th through the 16th doing EPA Section 608 training and testing, R-410A training and testing.

So.... if you need to get certified and are in the Boston area, you need to spend some time with me!

Time is running out so be sure to sign up SOON!

Comments

• Mark_74
    Mark_74 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    How

Mr Silburstien I live in Oklahoma and this is the first time I've heard on a seminar concerning 410a is this required by the epa to have a certification to handle this hi press. refrigrant
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    No....

As of right now it is not required to hold separate certification to work on R-410a systems. This does not mean that this will indeed be the case in the near future. However, it would be unwise for anyone to install and/or service R-410a systems without being well prepared. Some of the practices that are commonly used on R-22 systems could prove very dangerous if done on R-410a systems.

Many equipment manufacturers offer R-410a training in an effort to educate their customers. If, at some point in the future, it becomes mandatory to obtain R-410a certification, one of the certifications that are already available will likely be accepted as the "benchmark". It is also unlikely that one of the manufacturers certifications will be selected as they are geared toward a specific product line.

For this reason, I have opted to offer the R-410a certification that is presently used by the fine folks over at Ferris State University.

Just for the record, the R-410a certification covers material such as system operating pressure, safe handling, system charging, component requirements, other replacements for R-22, lubrication issues and other topics that are related, either directly or indirectly to the changeover from R-22 to alternative refrigerants.
  • Mark_74
    Mark_74 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    410a

Well I'd like to find out if there's any point of contact in this region, I worked for a carrier company that installed 410a systems and to be honest it works more effcient than 22 systems, I'm also glad to see Dan add a refrigrant side of the wall, it's been almost 2yrs since I've been on the wall and it is still as interesting now as it was back then thanks for any info you can provide
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Options
    Welcome...

Welcome to the cooler side of the Wall, my friend.

If you are looking for someone to train you and your techncians for the R-410a certification, I can definitely be of assistance. Feel free to drop me an e-mail so we can discuss.

If you are simply looking for a proctor to administer the examination for you, you can call the HVACR Institute at Ferris State University. The number over there is 866-880-7674. They will be more than hapy to provide you withthe contact information for a local proctor.

• larry_15
    larry_15 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    410A

Professor:

To tell you the truth I have gone through 410 certification and I don't see any differance than what I normally practice. They are concerned about the procedures that many do in the industry. But being a refrigeration mechanic all I saw was good refrigeration pratice. Triple evacuation is normal practice with us and keeping the moisture out by not allowing the valves to be opened because of the poe oil is still normal pactice. If you are not doing this in your R-22 systems I think you are asking for trouble anyway.

Larry
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Options
    That's what it's all about

Good field practice and good sommon sense.
This discussion has been closed.