Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

8 inch by 13 inch

There is a B&G series 100 pump on it at the back, of course, pointing toward the PONPC.

There are few left around, not too many. I'd like more of them.

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Tile lined Chimney, 27 feet

From breeching to top. The chimney is all 'inside,' no exterior surface.

I'm replacing this 56 year old, natural gas guzzling monster with either a cast iron boiler (~130K) or a condensing boiler. If we go with the condensing boiler, we'll put the PVC for the vent in the chimney.

Do I have to line the chimney if we go with the cast iron boiler?
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Full Frontal shot

In all it's glory.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    What a conversion!

origonal was possibly oil, looking at the lines on the floor of the crawlspace.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    Love the wiring.

Ain't it grand?
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    And

A strap on, no less!
  • Jeff

Is that a gravity hot water system ? If it is , this must be some kinda Karmic moment . We started an American Standard gravity boiler replacement today . I'll post some pics tomorrow .

Do you see these beasts down south alot ?
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Jeff,

Strap-ons were standard equipment back in the day ! It was much easier to cast sections without tappings...don't you know.

Personally, My thought is...if you're going to use the chimney with a gas fired appliance, LINE IT, and only use stainless for the liner.

I'll see if I can dig up the picture of the aluminum flue liner that was installed by a "less than competant" installer.My chimney guy saved this because he knew he would be sseing me the next day. By the way, I was told that this was less than 1 year old!.. Go for it...but do it right. Chris
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    I'm not lining it.

A gent that works with me is actually doing the lining. I mentioned the SS vs AL liners and he looked at me like a deer in the headlights, "Alumimum? No Way! Stainless steel is the only way!"

Can beat that, can you?

This gent will be doing the high voltage wiring also. Go figure, a chimney sweep that's also an electrician....
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Aluminum liners

The only good use for them is venting an electric clothes dryer. They should be banned for venting heating appliances of any type.
This discussion has been closed.