Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cleaning up water side.

Options
Brad White
Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
Their HydroSolv product works well and removes material that could break loose without control. If HydroSolv does not remove it, I would not worry about it.

Final prep might call for their 922 product which also conditions the pH.

There is more too it than that, but Rhomar is a good place to start once you purge the system of bulk material and sludge.

Make a plan to allow you to force as much flow through certain branches as possible to increase velocities so you can move stuff along. Make sure you have strainers to protect your pumps and valves though.

That you already have a shot-feeder is a great thing. Use it.

I might also add that, while system fouling can deteriorate performance (of course it will) you also want to assess the basics of air removal, pressurization, balancing and temperature control of your primary fluids.

DDC controls are great, fouling is not, but this is a good time to eliminate other variables. Retro-commissioning can pick up some obvious and simple things that DDC controls cannot address.
"If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad

Comments

• Dave Faust_2
    Dave Faust_2 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Water side cleanup.

Where can I learn more about cleaning up the water side of hydronic systems? Speceificaly I want to clean up the long neglected secondary or terminal coils of a 12 story induction system. We have a "pot type" water treatment device available, and it was used up to about 2 years ago. This system is used for heating & cooling. It dosent heat or cool real well, even with the new DDC system. (Some of the "perimeter radiation" heating system utilizing convectors almost dosn't heat at all). Any leads will be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.