Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

...I almost had to bill you for a new keyboard!!!!!!!!!

Ken, I thought you were hanging up the wrenches? I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away!

Starch

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    That's how many people

typed their ZIP code into Find a Professional so far this month.

Retired and loving it.
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Which is exactly why...

I'm working on my job photos to cull the one or two that will go along with my "narrative" for the ad I will be placing in the next few weeks!

Thanks for reminding me what a great ad it was when I was in NJ; and how nice it will be to hear that phone ring now that we moved to Vermont!

• Ken_40
    Excuse me?

I'm a retired heating contractor who "does a little consulting on the side." I'm writing and am about to get back into my cello. I've heard more Miles and Bill Evans in the last three months than the last 30 years...

A few more outdoor chores on the new house and I start the inside stuff: stair rails, touch up painting, sealing the deck, dealing with rocks where a lawn is competing. I'm sure you know the drill.

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    HEY!

You left out cow tippin'!!!!!!!!

Cello eh'?

Got to see YoYo Ma with the Philadelphia Orchestra a few years back. John Williams conducting.

Awsome!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_40
    Silly man,

We only cow-tip during lent.
  • Pat Clark_2
    Pat Clark_2 Member Posts: 102
    How much to tip a cow??

15%?

20%?

Boy, this is a new one for me. I'm still getting used to tipping the pizza delivery guy.

Ken

Sounds like you are enjoying all the relaxation (insert work) of retirement. I finally finished sheetrocking and painting our bedroom after 11 years of semi finished. Gotta find an excuse to not do anything else for a while since me and the rotozip had an argument (which I lost)

Not to worry, I can still play poker, just harder to bluff with my middle finger stuck out straight.

Happy Fall

Pat (Alaska Time) Clark
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    find a pro

No question it works....have more requests/calls off this site than yellow pages last month. Spent last night "tutoring" a new homeowner on the function and care of his steam system. Well worth the investment, guys...get on board !!!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Pat

you have to tip them all the way over, the low center of gravity from the udder seems to .... oh never mind.

Glad to see Ken back in the mix. Maybe its time for a Book !!

Sorry Dan for High jacking the post, I get great results from my FAC.

Scott

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Also,

consider how many people contact me personally because my e-mail address is at the bottom of every page on this site. I always send them to the listed Professionals.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Bernie Riddle_2
    Bernie Riddle_2 Member Posts: 178
    Hey Ken

I know I am from the deep south, been and seen a lot of dfferent things in my life, but cow tipping? Milk a few, rode a few bromas, been to chicken killing, butchered a few hogs even cleaned a few rabbits. But cow tipping, which end lol.

Peace Be With You

David C. Broome

• Brad White_126
    Brad White_126 Member Posts: 12
    Cow Tipping is

a time-honored Vermont tradition... akin to driving cars on March ice, only different...

Remember the Lifeline ad? "I've fallen and I can't get up!". That is Cow Tipping....

The other prank is to lead a cow up someones's stairs. Cows go up stairs, they do not go down... willingly. Don't get ideas now...
  • Ken_40
    Well, there's rules ya know...

No Gurnseys. Has to be a Holstein. Ya tip 'em from the right so they land on their left - otherwise you could hurt their bronchia.

Has to be between 8 PM and midnight or it's deemed to be a foul, and your tipping permit can be suspended if caught. A 100 dollar annual licensing fee is required (at least in Vermont it is) and no tipping a pregnant cow from either side, that produces calves with ADDs "tendencies." Ever seen a calf with ADDs? That's how veal is produced...

We only tip cows during a full moon. That way you can see the smiles on their faces when the laugh follows the fall. They seem to like it. Once we walked into the field and actually saw a magic marker sign on one saying, "Tip me first"! These cows have a great sense of humor; I kid you not!

You can see we are "into" things Vermont. It is like no other state in the union. Matter of fact, they've seceeded three times since we moved here. Cows are allowed to vote (only as three-fifths of a man's vote) but when they organize, their power is legendary. Their still pissed over Howard Dean's loss in the last democratic primary.

Cow grudges last forever here. Go figure.
  • Brad White_126
    Brad White_126 Member Posts: 12
    LOL Ken!

That explains Howard Dean's "Mad Cow" vote.

Yours was the best posting of the Bovine I have ever read!

Thanks...

Speaking of Vermonters, my dad was raised in Bradford (part of why I have that name) and finished up in Rutland before moving to Mass. I mentioned to a Vermont-born architect of some renown, Charles Rogers, that my dad was raised in Vermont.
    "Where in Vermont was he born?", Charles asked.
    "Actually, he was a flatlander born in Berlin, NH." I replied.

Charles drew himself to his feet and proclaimed, "The only reason for the existence of the State of New Hampshire.....is to separate the State of Maine.... from The Great State of Vermont!", and promptly reseated himself.
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Hmmm,

what floor do you work on Brad?

You, Ken and Constantine (who isn't as frequent, lately) make quite a trio. Cello, drums, base and vocals maybe?

Jack
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    And I was always told

that Cow Tipping was so popular in Vermont was that all the farms are on hillsides witch made it an easy game to palay compared to other states
This discussion has been closed.