Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pennco Boilers

Options
John L
John L Member Posts: 118
in the Chicago area. Controll'd supply house has them. They are a decent unit. Not the top end but they are not garbage either

Comments

• mel rowe
    mel rowe Member Posts: 324
    Options
    Pennco Boilers

Would appreciate opinions on Pennco (149 MBH) boilers regarding their efficiency and reliability. Would you recommend for your mother-in-law? LOL
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Pennco

Is a Dunkirk with a green jacket (NOT like Tiger's).

Reliable and solid and simple.

As far as the M-I-L, how far away does she live and do you get along ? :)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jim Farrell
    Jim Farrell Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Pennco

pennco has always been a low end boiler line but it also has the thinest thickness cast iron wall...

They make a good product but the thicker the cast iron wall the longer the life of the boiler...

Take a look at the Weil Mclain Boiler Line...You won't be sorry....

Jim
  • Joe_74
    Joe_74 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Pennco Fact or Fiction

In reading the responses to the question regarding Pennco products, I want to set the record straight. Pennco does not have the thinest wall cast iron heat exchanger. Pennco offers a quality boiler at a reasonable cost. Boilers are made up of several individual sections that are joined together to form the boiler. Picture a loaf of bread with the slices next to each other. The overall quality of the boiler is determined not only by the sections (each slice) but also how they are connected. If the connection between the sections becomes bad the boiler will leak. Pennco uses cast iron rings to join the sections. Why does that matter? Since we have a number of individual sections and they are all joined together it is critical that the boiler not leak as it goes through the every day heating and cooling process. The sealing rings are made of the same material as the boiler "cast iron" which has a long proven history of reliability.

• burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    like ford or chevy

it is all in preference i prefer burhamn why they are easy to service most want to sell eff. but if the home owner does not have an anual tune up and so forth it does not matter some tech are lazy and only do a quick go over take pride in your job and do it right
  • Bill Jirik,
    Bill Jirik, Member Posts: 54
    Options
    penco

I still service a good number of penco boilers all hot water and all over 30 years old, the ones I am servicing all use cast iron sections made by Utica (same as a Utica J series) only differnce I can see it the gas train is differnt from a utica J otherwise identical boiler, Penco seemed to disappear from the Chicago market for a number of years and suspect that they are simply a brand name owned by one of the manufacturers
  • Statenisland
    Statenisland Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Pennco

my Pennco boiler leaks from underneath. Still in warranty and i am having issues trying to get a rep to take care of this. Help
  • hierrocolado
    hierrocolado Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Pennco Boilers

Hi. I am not an expert, just a homeowner, whose bi-level house is heated by a Pennco boiler. If it's any indication of the quality of Pennco boilers, here's my post: The original boiler that was installed in 1954 when the house was built is still in service. Once, out of curiosity, I asked someone who is very experienced in radiant heat systems. When I asked him about the average life expectancy of a home heating boiler, he said: "About fifty years." I hope this information is useful to readers of this thread.
This discussion has been closed.