Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

north carolina plumbing and heating license &exams??

Comments

• Licensing for plumbing,htng and ac in north carolina

Has anybody relocated from the Northeast to North Carolina and tried to get a license here??? I was a Master plumber and took inspector courses in mid 90's in NJ,sat and passed exams but never held inspector position. We are actually down here 2 yrs in western North Carolina,unfortunately N.C. does not have reciprocity??? No master plumbers license,but you have to sit for multiple exams for both plumbing,heating and AC.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    no buh i did consider it.

my Dad a retired Marine lives in N.C. and i thought i should bag off this GSHP and do it right with radiant and started to look into it....there are lots of small bergs that move along at a snails pace and the tri cities building to beat the band. so then i started to think well if i lived here i would want a liscence for N.C. and Virgina at least...where are you at on the subject?
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620

John, Here's a guy that may be able to help you with the information you're looking for.

Tim Laughlin, PE

Technical Director

NC Petroleum Marketers Association

7300 Glenwood Ave.

Raleigh, NC 27612

Phone: 919-782-4411

Fax: 919-782-4414

tlaughlin@ncpma.org

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • Bernie Riddle_2
    Bernie Riddle_2 Member Posts: 178
    what do you want to know

its not rocket science. Email and let me see if I can help.

Licensed in S.C., N.C. & Ga.

David C. Broome

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Licensing

johnB,

If you were/are a Master Plumber from New Jersey and were licensed as a SubCode Official here, I would think you would not have any difficulty gaining licensure in North Carolina (just an educated guess, not a dig). Are you certain NC doesn't give you any credit at all? It is discouraging to have to begin the process over again. Have you tried contacting the Board of Examiners in New Jersey? They may be able to steer you in the right direction and possibly towards an easier transition.

Let me know how you make out. I'm curious about your situation. I don't know if I could help, but I'd try.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
This discussion has been closed.