Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Simple boiler aquastat with wider differential

Options
D107
D107 Member Posts: 1,852
Currently has a high limit that connects with 3 Honeywell R845A1030 relays. Does honeywell have a simple aquastat/hi limit (not necessarily as involved as the L8148 relay series, since I want to keep current relays.)??

Current hi limit has only about 3-4 degree differential which brings burner on too much. looking for maybe 0-30 degree adjustable differential unit.

I had previously been advised to get AQ475 or Aquatrols but I'm not looking for outdoor reset on this old boiler, just a greater differential.

Thanks,

David

Comments

• Tom Hopkins
    Tom Hopkins Member Posts: 554
    Options
    How

about a Beckett Heatmanager? If it doesn't save you 10% Beckett refunds your money.Hard to beat that deal.If you don't like that use a L4006 with an adjustable diff. I don't know the suffix off the top of my head
    I would use the AQ2000 with it's post purge feature you can basically eliminate standby loss between that and the ODR the payback wouldn't be long at all.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,852
    Options
    thanks, that's what I was looking for

I'm sure once the function of the L4006 can be defined, the particular suffix can be gotten. Basically with this old way oversized boiler--which I hope to replace in five years--I'm looking for simplicity, not even ODR. The L4006 and 4007, 6006 comparisons are a little hard to follow for me, some break, some make on temp rise.

Function would be:

I believe the existing hi-limit would remain, and the new L4006 would, on a t-stat call for heat, fire the burner and start the circs, then cut the burner at hi limit (say 170) but if there was still call for heat in any/all zones, permit circ operation until water temp dropped to lowest differential setting, say 150, at which point, if any/all of three t-stats still called for heat, burner would fire again. There should be no need to add relays, as I already have 3 Honeywell R845A1030.

Thanks,

David
This discussion has been closed.