Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can one stat do a/c & radiant

Options
I have been useing heat only stats. I would like to run my radiant floor heat with the a/c stat and eleminate having two stats on the wall. Is there and easier way other than using exterior cube relays at my zone control box ???

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Noel

Any digital t-stat can do this for you. Just beware that there are 2 t- formers to consider. Have you ever hooked up a stat to control a boiler and A/C unit? Also, in addition if you have multiple zones on the radiant, you will need to incorporate relay's to bring it on at the same time if that is the control you want. The possibilities are unlimited...:-)

Mike T.
  • Unknown
    Options

How Do you wire it ?? I have been doing it with 24v relays off the heat termnials of the stat to close the zone on the zone controller . Im thinking there has to be a better way. I need a rough wiring drawing. Thanks
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Noel

What switching, pump controls are you using? and how many zones? Pumps or zone valves?

Mike T.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

You'll need a thermostat with two R terminals. If there is a jumper between the two R terminals, remove it. The R terminals may be marked R and RC or they may be RH and RC. H stands for heating and C stands for cooling.

One terminal (doesn't matter which) of your 24-volt heating power supply (transformer) goes to the R or RH terminal on the stat. Your 24V heating load (zone valve?) goes to W on the stat. If your heating load is 120V, you'll need to use a relay. To complete the heating circuit, connect the remaining terminal of the transformer and the remaining terminal of the load to each other. The complete circuit is always power supply-switch (thermostat)-load.

For the cooling, connect the cooling power supply (transformer) to RC. Connect the cooling load (probably a compressor relay) to the Y terminal. Connect the cooling fan (probably the fan relay) to the G terminal. The second terminal of each of the relays goes back to the second terminal of the transformer.

• Unknown
    Options

Thanks ...Ill give it a try. Im intergrading 6 cooling zones with 6 honeywell th8000 stats and one 6 zone controller for the heat side.
  • Unknown
    Options

Works great !!!!!!

Thanks a bunch Carol
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

Hallaluah!
This discussion has been closed.