Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

MAD DOG-Losing customers -refrigeration style

Options
Most people step over the dollar to pick up the penny.......

Mike T.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    MAD DOG -losing refrig customer

Some people just don't get it!A 8-10 year customer let me go recently!Their reason????Everything works!!Walk-in freezer;2-WI refrig;Reach-in refrig,RI freezer;A.C.;2000 lb a day ice maker;2 lobster tanks- a 3hp and a 5hp!Who got the units into proper running condition? Who does a bi-annual inspection ?Who got their TOTAL ANNUAL number of service calls to under 5 ? Who had ZERO service calls from April to September for the past 4 years? I don't get it!
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    They may not need you now

but when they do, they will need you badly.

You became a victim of your own success; the owners don't see what is obvious to us.

When things run well, they are where they expect to be and just do not care. (They did not see the value you added to get them there, perhaps a marketing void on your part?)

Perhaps a re-introduction to them of the value you added, behind the scenes? Their lack of service calls was not blind luck!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Be Gracious

Terry,

The best thing to do is be graceful and be willing to help them pick up the pieces when the equipment starts failing again. As you are well aware, commercial refrigeration equipment needs periodic maintenance as most condensing units are located in less than pristine locations.

Whatever you do, make certain that you don't burn any bridges. This is a customer that has a lot of equipment and eventually they WILL need you.

Have a great holiday and be sure to send my regards to Annie!
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options

This is a strange business we are in. People call us, sometimes scream for us, they want to see us so badly and can't wait till we get there. So we go and do what we do. Then they never want to see us again! Was it something I said?
This discussion has been closed.