Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Years Eve !!!!

J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
AMC will be doing the Three Stooges Marathon for New Years Eve. All you knuckleheads that are as afraid as I am of being out on the roads now have a nice alternative to the party scene.

I highly recommend starting the New Year with a hearty laugh. Soitenly! Chris

Comments

• Bill Nye_2
    Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
    I Liked the one

when they were plumbers and all of the pipes were filled with wires! The water was coming out of the light fixture, I've seen that!
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Soitiny!

"Three of the Best Plumbers who ever Plumbed a Plum"

I think that episode was called "A Plumbing We Shall Go"

When I told my wife just now that AMC had a Stooge-A-Thon on New Years, she just rolled her eyes!

Some people just don't no what's funny!

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk
    Jim Bennett
  • RonE
    RonE Member Posts: 29
    3 stooges

Most women don't get the Stooges. My 10 year old grandson love em.

Ron
  • RonE
    RonE Member Posts: 29
    3 stooges

Most women don't get the Stooges. My 10 year old grandson love em.

Ron
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    I resemble that remark

" Hey Moe these pipes are all filled with wires "

" Just turn on anything you'll get it "

Hey Chris, we need to sit Lou down in front of the TV ala A Clockwork Orange, untill he "gets it".

" Ya know I heard this area is fine for Hunting "

Knucklehead

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    \"Why ya' takin' a bath............??????

"It's not Saturday!"""""

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • m dewolfe
    m dewolfe Member Posts: 92
    humor

The greatest gift you can give your children is a a sense of humor. when all else fails you only have what god gave you and you better be able to use it. My 9 year old daughter and I laugh until tears run down our faces watching these guy on tv. This year during the school pagent my daughter saw me give her the "two finger pokie" from my seat and in clasic stooges response she put her hand up to her nose to block it......humor at its greatest......too bad it was followed by a back of the head dope slap from my no humor wife.......mark
  • J.C.A._3
    Mark,

I've been told that the main difference between men and women is that women "don't get" the Stooges. In all honesty, the dopeslap is just about right....and I bet your daughter giggled just a bit when it happened.

Even if you've seen them a thousand times, there's always some small wisecrack or little thing in the backround that you missed before. If you are looking at an episode you've seen a thousand times, look to Larry Fine. He's the missing link in the whole process.

My favorite short without a doubt is titled "Disorder in the Court" A classic if ever there was one. Chris

P.S. I know this is the place to hunt, I saw a sign back there that said fine for hunting!
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    TH

"TH" -- what does that stand for?

Teddy Hoosevelt?
    Thomas Hedison?

Classic episode with the boys in the dry cleaning biz.

(It stood for Terry Hargin -- the bank robber.)
  • J.C.A._3
    Actually John....

It stood for the guy who got the Stooges started in their "vaudiville" beginning.Ted Healy and his stooges.( a euphemism at the time. In Moes eyes, he was a bad guy).

Check out "Ted Healy and his Stooges". Moe Howard got tired of him dictating what the "Stooges" were supposed to do, and the original third Stooge WAS Shemp. He got tired of getting beaten up for a laugh and quit.

Moe asked his brother Jerome, "Curly" , to come in and fill the spot. They were found by Columbia and contracted to make "short movies" in 1937.

The film short order is....Curly, and when he had a heart attack and could no longer keep up with the schedule, Moe talked Shemp into coming back to the troup. Shemp got tired of doing the "tough work", (being slapped and the brunt of all the jokes)and quit after it started to bother him again. (for the "Stooge-a file, both Shemp AND Curly appeared in a short together.(Bye Bye Birdie). Curly was a passenger on a train and snoring like a banshee. Shemp pulled his hat off and accused him of being a suspect in some kind of case, and Curley has HAIR!

When things were getting tough, they brought in Joe Besser (OH,... Not so haaaaard!) Everyone hated him and it was obvious so Moe tried again.

In the 50's and early 60's they made a few movies with yet anothr 3rd stooge, Curly Joe Darita. Funnier than Shemp(IMHO) and FAR better than Joe Besser. I have some tapes of the cartoons that were made in the mid and late 60's featuring Moe, Larry and Curly Joe.

At the company I worked for before coming into this group of professionals, the secretary showed me a picture of her and Moe Howard sitting on a bench in Florida somewhere around 1973. He passed on shortly after the photo was taken and I am, and always will be envious of her getting to meet a true comedian.

Stooges rule ! Chris
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Chris

I am Constantly amased at your information :)

The stooges are stuck in the woods, Moe says they need food.

Moe: I'll go get us a moose.

Larry: I'll go get us a deer.

Curly : I'll go get us an Elk, but I don't think he's going to be happy about it.

Nyuck,nyuck,nyuck.

• Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770

In a book I once had written by Moe it said Curly was stricken by a stroke in the late 40's and became disabled. Shemp came back and a few years later died suddenly of a heart attack. They were paid one time fees by Columbia, Columbia is still making money. The Stooges made very little until the 50's when Moe's son in law became their manager.

Leo
This discussion has been closed.