Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

kick plate heating

David Sutton_6
David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
if propery sized for the load, they can be piped in using mono flo or as a seperate system they warm the floor very nicly,they make noise the fans can loose a bering and get real loud. need to be able to get to it for bleeding from time to time. all in all if room is a problem they work good, a better idea but more costly is underfloor radient heating,

Comments

• Jerrty murphy
    Jerrty murphy Member Posts: 1
    Kick Plate heating

Hi, I'm new to this site. I am renovating my kitchen and will lose the slant fin system in the room. The contractor suggested using a kick plate heater/heating system. Am looking for pros and cons.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

I have one in my kitchen and love it...it has a bleeding valve on the front. it dumps heat.

T
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Neil_5
    Neil_5 Member Posts: 179
    Tim

What brand unit do you have?

I like the Turbonics ... T4/5, problem is the fan turns on when it senses the water at 137-140, and durning the shoulder months my water temp is at 130 and much less where the kickspace will be installed. Unless I change the temp sensor.

Neil
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

VRV Products,(VRVP), Quiet One. It comes on about 140 or so, and has a 'regular' or 'boost' fan setting. The 'boost' revs the fan higher and dumps heat. Works well for my kitchen, off of a 2-pipe hot water system. It is tapped off the main loop in 1/2" and does well. We are pleased with it.

T
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.