Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiant heating/cooling for museum

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
use cold ceilings to cool the folks. The key is to have very good ventilation systems that monitor the internal humidity and respond to any change very quickly. Most of these systems use desicants to get the job done. It's an expensive system to install, but an engineer once told me that they can operate the system at about 40% of the cost of a typical American system.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Tessa
    Tessa Member Posts: 4
    Options
    radiant heating/cooling for a museum

I'm an architecture student and I am designing an art museum in the adirondack region of NY. I wanted to use radiant heating through the floors , but would rather not have a separate system for cooling. I've heard that radiant cooling causes a lot of problems because of condensation and was wondering what I could do to prevent this. In my building, I am planning to have clerestories, so if there is a way I could ventilate the building as well as cool through those, it would be great. Also, if I decided to use radiant coils for cooling as well, how would I make use of a dehumidifier? Thank you!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Tessa

This strategy is very popular in Europe and, I an honestly say, that I have next to zero experience with radiant cooling. I would repost this question at the top of the Wall for Dan Holohan, as he has seen first hand (well almost first hand) how this strategy is put into operation.
This discussion has been closed.