Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cond.Pan sealant, Great!!!

I had pin holes in a commercial condensate pan and I decided to use Polyurethane roof & flashing to try and make a good seal on the pan. To my suprise, It works great and dries to a semi hard finish. Only draw back is that it takes about 4 days to cure. Sold at Home Depot. Made by OSI company. Existing pan was obsolite so I gave it a shot.

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Small price

Four days is a smaller price to pay than having the system not operable while you try to get a hold of a replacement pan or having to have one fabricated.

The equipment owner should pay you extra for being so resourceful and keeping their equipment up and running.

Kudos.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Honesty policy

Dr... They will pay, but only for what is material cost plus mark up and additional labor. I was glad to help to make it work without sky rocket prices. After-all that is my job. I just thought I'd pass along the great sucess that I had with this product. Doesen't matter if you rich or poor, You are still charged the same price,..Contradictory to what most customers think...
    Thanks Doc........
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Same price

Of course you are charging the same price. I was just stating that, quite often, the job we do for our customers involves going that extra step, which sometimes goes completely un-noticed.

I was just giving you props for making the extra effort to provide your customer with the comfort he desires.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    I know Dr.....

I was just restating the obvious... :)
This discussion has been closed.