Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hey Dan,

Options
Wow!

Look at all of the attention the new area is getting.

The 20 bucks I paid the "Invision people" to mess things up seems to have workd! (kidding).

At any rate, be sure to check out the new area!

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    What's up with....

The new entrance exam?

I try to get here and have to enter my "handle" and password every time I log on.

Is there a way to have an "automatic log-on" ?

I like to watch as much as talk . Is this a new security measure or will it be shortened ? Chris
  • Michal
    Michal Member Posts: 213
    Options
    i AGREE TOO, NICE SURPRISE

were there issues with hackers or are we trying to create a way of limiting people and posts, since and I have been guilty of it, causeing quarrels here/ruffling feathers??
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Am I .....

The test market?

2 post about it in 3 hours, now I'm wondering. Chris
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chris

I think it is a good idea in an effort to keep better track of who folks really are.If you log on once then leave but come back before you have shut your computer off, it remembers who you are.

Glenn
  • tls_9
    tls_9 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Up agenst the Wall......

feet back and spread them........

big bro has entered the world of hydronics.

does bill gates have to know EVERYTHING we do on the computer?

The adds i can understand.... but the search comming in..... is this really necessary....?

tom
  • J.C.A._3
    Options

• Unknown
    Options

A great thing about no required registration was that a homeowner could pop on and ask a question. Now I think many people will not take the time to register except the wallies
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Glenn,

Not with all the protection I have in place.

It asks for an identity every time I log on, and I've been virus and hijack free for almost 10 months now, so I know that my stuff works....

Gotta be an easier way. Dan?

To boot, The flipping sidebar adds are still there. Anyone asking for THEIR credentials?

I'll just stop right there. Chris
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Great idea....

way past time for it to happen... way too many yaahhoooo's that just want to cause trouble. at least now it will take a bit of effort.....
    Really.... what's the big deal.... took all of about 30 seconds to get in.......

JMHO Floyd
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Best thing about .....

Being able to access a great site is not having to jump through hoops to get there.

Dan, You,of all people know that I have nothing to hide, Why am I being asked to jump through hoops to access my favorite web site all of a sudden? Chris
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    i think many homeowners

will tab thru all the other parts of the site but skip the wall when it asks for a login, not because of time, but because if they are first time visitors they wont know what a wall is...so why log in...we all did cause we hang out here and by god we were gonna get access..but first time visitors,,,me thinks they will skip it..
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Mark Hunt_2
    Mark Hunt_2 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    WHEW!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had stepped into the twilight zone!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm not the only one to have to "log in"!!!!

I don't have a problem with it, but I am wondering WHY..

I'm sure Dan will tell us in due time.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Feels Good.....

To be a registered user.
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Options
    Missing?

I sent Dan an email about this.

Maybe he's been kidnapped?

I'll bet it's TLM, dragging him out from the bird feeder to get another van.

Any other ideas?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo Galozo
    Leo Galozo Member Posts: 16
    Options
    interesting

that Dan didn't give a heads up about this. I find that usually he is very forward about this stuff. I was almost not going to log in, thinking that maybe the site had been infiltrated and this was just a clever ruse to get into my computer by some kinda hacker. But the lure of the wall was too much, so the chance has been taken.

Kinda eerie how no reason has been given yet......
  • Leo Galozo
    Options
    oh gawd

I just realized that I entered my other e-mail addy, and now my find a pro add does not appear, anyone know how to go back and change this?

Leo G
  • Leo Galozo
    Options
    Holy ****

just realized that all my "saved" posts have gone away also! This hurts.....
  • Cosmo_2
    Cosmo_2 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO

What happened? I had to register, and log on only to find that all of my saved posts are....puuuuft GONE!!!!!

Hopefully this gets resolved soon, I am starting to get emotional here.........

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    We added a new room to the Wall today.

It's called Ask Professor Silberstein and it's for all air conditioning and refrigeration questions. Professor Eugene Silberstein of Suffolk Community College will be taking all questions, and there's nothing this guy doesn't know about those two subjects. To access the new room, just go to Options and click on the Professor's forum.

While building the new room, the techies at Invision accidentially flipped a switch that requires passwords. It was a mistake and I apologize for the inconvenience. If you'r still having problems at this point, please clear any HeatingHelp.com or Invision Forum cookies from your PC and you should be fine.

You're welcome.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Leo

use this one:

a_aardvarkplumbing@hotmail.com
    Retired and loving it.
  • Robert O'Connor_7
    Robert O'Connor_7 Member Posts: 688
    Options
    Dan

Why does every topic I post on automatically send me e-mails? Is there something in the options I'm missing?

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    It does that

because you clicked the box that tells the sofware to do it. It's within the box that you use to post. Once you click it a cookie goes on your PC. If you don't want the e-mails, clear the cookie and logon again. This time don't click the box.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Robert O'Connor_7
    Options
    Box?

I've cleaned out all cookies and the box (lower left) does not have a check mark in it nor have I ever checked it. I'll delete all the cookies again and see what happens, thanks.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    When you hit the Reply button

look just below the field in which you are typing. Do you see the note that reads, "Notify me by e-mail about all messages posted in this topic"? Is that checked?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Robert O'Connor_7
    Options
    I see it.

I never checked it, however I noticed the problem started when I became Shawn. I've just deleted the cookies again, so far, so good, thanks.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • tls_9
    tls_9 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Dan

We sure did a lot of whinning in short time, and all for nothing it seems.....

So I'll just take this little spot on the wall to say Thank You! for all you do for us wet heads and for this pile of bricks you let us play with.

Thanks again

tom
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    I'll add to that

Thanks for allyou do Dan, and I hope you have a wonderfull weekend.

Scott

• DanHolohan
    Options
    I appreciate that.

It would have been nice if the lads had given me the benefit of the doubt rather than a piece of their minds, but that's life.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Steve_35
    Steve_35 Member Posts: 546
    Options

> It would have been nice if the lads had given me

> the benefit of the doubt rather than a piece of

> their minds, but that's life.

I can't afford to give away any pieces of my mind. Not enough to start with.
  • Bob Eh?_2
    Bob Eh?_2 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    It's always easier for some to point out the negatives.....

I would have to comment though that sending your hosting company a copy of "Doing the Right Thing" might be in order given the glitches you have had lately......

I do that type of thing for a living and bend over backwards to be sure I don't blow my clients services and cause such comments. In the unfortunate instances when Murphy wins I always go back and fix EVERYTHING and make sure that thier clients know it was our bad. As your article says the mark of professionalism is knowing the "6 Ps" and picking up after yourself. It's an educational exercise we should all benefit from! Is always an opportunity to learn how to avoid similar occurances in the future (AKA Experience).

I suspect I am part of the not so vocal majority that greatly appreciates your wonderful services to the industry.....

The 6 Ps: "Proper Planning Prevents P--- Poor Performance"

Bob

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    aww shucks

I dont have the heart to clear the cookies!! I like it when it ask's me if it's me! That way I know it's me!! :) LOL
  • don_144
    don_144 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Excellent

look forward to hearing and chating with the professor.

We all know about the vapor system when it come to steam...
    Now we get to learn more about the other vapor system.

• Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    now u see

How much we love "The Wall".

I should not have worried, but I had thought that I did something wrong and was reassured to find I was not the only one. Sorry for the bellyaching, it was nice to give it once compared to taking it from all the customers I have who waited until 95f outside to decide to replace their split a/c attic mounted evaporator cooling systems.

Thanks again for "The Wall"!!!!!!!!

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
This discussion has been closed.