Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A Few Good Engineers

Options
Bob Sweet
Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540

Comments

• JimGPE_3
    JimGPE_3 Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Yeah, this says it all.

MEP Engineer: Jack Nicholson

Architect: Tom Cruise

MEP Engineer: You want answers?

Architect: I think I'm entitled to them.

MEP Engineer: You want answers?!

Architect: I want the truth!

MEP Engineer: You can't HANDLE the truth!! Son, we live in a world that has CHILLERS, BOILERS AND SWITCHGEAR. And those PIECES OF EQUIPMENT have to be LOCATED IN ROOMS. Who's gonna DESIGN THEM? You? You, MR. ARCHITECT? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for LOST PARKING SPACES and you curse the SIZE OF MY GENERATOR. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that THOSE MEP SYSTEMS, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives... You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me on that DESIGN TEAM. You NEED me on that DESIGN TEAM. We use words like DESIGN, CODE, ANALYSIS...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent PROVIDING OWNER COMFORT AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain my DESIGN to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very ENVIRONMENT I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a DUCTULATOR and DESIGN a BUILDING SYSTEM. Either way, I don't give a darn what you think you're entitled to!

Architect : Did you OVERSIZE THE MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ROOMS?

MEP Engineer : (quietly) I did the job you HIRED me to do.

Architect : Did you OVERSIZE THE MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ROOMS?!!

MEP Engineer : YOU'RE DARN RIGHT I DID!
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    LMAO

LMAO
  • Pat K
    Pat K Member Posts: 88
    Options

LMAO very cool.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jerry scharf_3
    jerry scharf_3 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    great

Just great. LMAO I think you forgot the one last thing at the end.

After Jack says "YOU'RE DARN RIGHT I DID!" He needs to say

MEP Eningeer: Do you want to know the secret?

Architect: What's that?

MEP Engineer: In 10 years they will be too small. Long after your design is stored in your portfolio, people will need to operate these systems. I care more about them doing their jobs and serving the owners than your portfolio. Which do you care more about?

Amd I like architects.

jerry
  • bigugh_4
    bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Boy~~~~

the donkeys are untethered tonight! all the A's are loose!
This discussion has been closed.