Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Running radiant off steam boiler

Options
Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,977
which is made specifically for what you want to do. I'll leave the numbers crunching to better math minds, but common sense dictates that we already have a low temp heat source available - with HX. Use it. Pulling zones properly off of a steam boiler can get very tedious and expensive....you know how much the everhots cost. Here is a recent Combicor we used for domestic hot water, one very small high temp sun rad zone, and two radiant zones. The other advantage that I see is in spring and fall when you might need a lil' floor warmin' but not any steam. The boiler won't even need to start up. I'm sorry the picture size is too big. I'll see if I can readjust..damn computers!!! Mad Dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=210&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Steve Garson_2
    Steve Garson_2 Member Posts: 712
    Options
    Running radiant off steam boiler

I have two rooms (11,000 BTU heat loss) heated with a Bradford White atmospheric gas water heater that also provides DHW. It has a heat exchanger loop for heat that sits on the tank of hot water.

The temperature delta between the input and output is around than 20 degrees. The water temp for the radiant loop needs to be 150 degrees on design days.

I am wondering if it would be more efficient to run the radiant with an Everhot indirect water heater connected to my WM SGO4 steam boiler? I presently have an Everhot 6GPM tank to heat a small baseboard loop in our family room. The family room heat loss is around 14,000 BTU. The circulator that feeds the tank goes on very infrequently.

Would this be a good idea from an efficiency viewpoint? How do I determine what kind of hot water load can be put on the steam boiler?
    Steve from Denver, CO
  • Steve Garson_2
    Options

MadDog:

So it sounds like you're suggesting that I keep things as they are? Or use the Everhot that I have for another zone?
    Steve from Denver, CO
  • Steve Garson_2
    Options
    How many BTUs from Everhot 6GPM

How many BTUs can one expect to conservatively pull from an Everhot 6GPM connected to my steam boiler?
    Steve from Denver, CO
This discussion has been closed.