Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Snow melting with Buderus

Options
I will remember your work for future projects.

One thing tho. I would be worried about the relief vavle connection. First, If the relief blew you would probably have as much glycol spray out the drain cups under the boiler as you would have go down into the main drain. Second, If all hell broke loose, I would be concerned that a 3/4" PVC relief drain connection would melt, and scalding hot glycol would go everywhere. Plus, I don't know about where you are, but in my area a plastic Relief valve drain is not code.

Comments

• Ray Landry_2
    Ray Landry_2 Member Posts: 114
    Options

Heres three GB 142/60's controlled by a wirsbo 411 snowpro control. I think I took ten years off of my knees after the tubing pull. The last few shots are of the wall mount we put in to heat the home. 7 zones with two horizontal tanks piped in parrell. the old set up had a 0011 pump on the return and zone valves on the supply, when ever a zone shut off there was, as you can imagine a bit of water hammer.
  • Darin Cook_2
    Darin Cook_2 Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Very Nice Ray

The venting on your multiple GB's is pure craftsmanship. All of the installs shown are very nice. I also like the twin LT tanks stacked up. Thats alot of hot water! That is what I like about the Wall. There is such a bank of talent here. Keep up the great work!

Darin
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    The installation is beautiful...

... by the book and all that good stuff. The way that all the pipe is supported is a joy to behold, and the way that all PRV's etc have been plumbed into the drain is another excercise in neatness.

I also like how you positioned the expansion tanks high up, where they'll be out of the way, yet accessible, servicable, etc. I presume that the one to the right is used to recharge the system, hence the pressure reducing valve on the manifold?

Also, what is attached to the big take-off from the gas pipe on the left of the 3 Buderi? That gas pipe is huge!

Your flue vent/intake piping is inspirational, particularly how you made it all disappear behind the walls. I also like the LWCO location to the side...
  • Brad White_36
    Brad White_36 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Stunning, Ray

Every aspect.

The venting through the eave space reminds me of the organ pipe at The Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual BTUs. You are setting a standard. As Constantin noted, even on the drains.....

• Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    Nice

Nice looking job! A lot of time and effort went into this one. Fine craftsmanship at its best. -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • adayton_2
    adayton_2 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Spirotherm

Installation is interesting. New stuff for me...Ray, Is that installed for powerwash reverse backFLUSH for clean-out with isolation valves on each side?

Alfred
  • adayton_2
    adayton_2 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Spirotherm

Installation is interesting. New stuff for me...Ray, Is that installed for powerwash reverse backFLUSH for clean-out with isolation valves on each side?

Alfred
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Nice Work!

Very nice work! Attention to detail is outstanding. The entire job is craftsmanship and a work of art.
  • Ray Landry_2
    Options

Thanks guys for the kind words. Constantin, the 2" steel going through the wall is the connected outside to an underground gas main we ran 125ft from the meter to the garage, with 600k worth of boilers, and a generator which we also installed, 2" is what we had to run. Sadly enough the gas meter is what held the job up, We did that job back in august, and didn't have a meter until december. The gas company who shall not be named kept blowing us off, until the first snowfall, then magically the meter was installed. The relief lines on the spirotherms are so that when they park there cars near the boilers (this install was in a garage) there will be not risk of the vent failing and spitting glycol on an expensive paint job. All of the drains worked out well because with the driveway torn up we where able to tie into an area drain.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,965
    Options
    Good preventative measure with the Spirovent Ray

Your snomelt must be close in size to ours because that was our load...over 600K. We had to run a 2" gas PEX main thru very rocky soil. Awesome job dude. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ray Landry_2
    Options

Glenn I'm in mass and the only requirement for a relief line's material is that it is non-ferrous which pvc is. I see what you mean about the pressure relief coming out of the inderect waste cup I'll remember not to make that mistake again in the future. While I was purging though I did lose track of my pressure and popped the relief a few times.... All water went down to the 1 1/2 drain and not out of the condensate cup
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    It's just a though based on what I'm used to...

in Illinois. I was told a long time ago by a plumber that state code here is that a relief line must be dedicated, must be copper or steel, and, it must be no more than 6" off the floor, or if it goes to another drain, it must discharge over the drain so that it can always be observed for drippage/discharge.

I have also seen a couple of pvc drainlines that were distorted by hot water flowing thru them, so seeing them used always makes me nervous.

If mass code allows it, who am I to argue.
This discussion has been closed.