Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DIY cheap radiant system ?'s

Options
Chad H
Chad H Member Posts: 2
I just got a small DIY radiant heat floor system up and going. Its in a 200 sq' sunroom and consists of 250' of 1/2" pex under concrete. For heat I am using a small electric 2000 Watt water heater, circ pump is a taco 007 priority zone control. So far my only concern is the 007 seems to be running quite hot(cant hold your hand on it), whats normal?

Comments

• Eric Johnson_3
    Eric Johnson_3 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    As hot as the water they're circulating

I've got a couple of 007s and they get about as hot as the water they're circulating. If your pump is on the supply line and your water temp is 180, then I suspect the circulator will be too hot to handle.

I think the 007 is rated for 240 degree water.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    If it sizzles when

spit on it, it's probably stuck. Open and remove with care they can flash to steam if they are that hot.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Chad H
    Chad H Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am not concerned about the water temp, Its the 007 motor that I am worried about. The cartridge case seems to be quite hot, the input/output water temps on the pipes are normal?
  • Eric Johnson_3
    Eric Johnson_3 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    pump orientation

I've got an old 007 that's in pieces. If you like, I can take a pic for of what the cartridge looks like inside.

My only thought, if the cartridge is overheating, is that you may have the circulator mounted wrong. The cartridge should be horizontal. If it's vertical, it's hard on the bearings.

If you already know that, I apologize.
  • RoosterBoy
    RoosterBoy Member Posts: 459
    Options

if the 007 is on all the time the pump motor houseing will be hot thats just normal

thanks
This discussion has been closed.