Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zoneing with forced warm air

Options

Comments

• Danimal
    Danimal Member Posts: 8
    Options

On a forced warm air system with zones I need some ideas for getting rid of the excess air when one zone is calling for heat or cooling. so the evap coil doesnt ice up and so the heat exchanger doesnt get cooled down to much.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Zoning

New or existing system?Normally there should be a "pressure relief damper/duct"arrangement setup,to protect the heat exchanger,and compressor.What do you have?
  • Danimal
    Danimal Member Posts: 8
    Options

It is exsiting. There is nothing. The Evaporator coil keeps frezzing. I have seen dump zones before were the air is just dumped in the basement any other ideas
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Zoning

Where do you live ,that you are using AC?What brand of control system do you have?What type of application is this?
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Options
    What brand controls/dampers are you using?

The lines I install have an option called different names, but basically they are limit switches with a high and low limit. It's not entirely a final word, proper ducting is the best way. Installing a bypass damper with the limit is about the best way.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    On most zone systems

There should be a bypass damper, either barometric or pressure activated to bypass the supply into the return. Along with that there should be a SAT supply air t-stat to cut out the cycle and initiate a time delay so problems do not occur. More info needed on current zone control panel. If you can take a pic, that would be nice...

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.