Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Refracto-what?

Morning
professor!Mineral,AlekBenzene,P.O.E.comes in 4-5 different grades,P.V.E.Sometime back oil interdilution was required to be within certain percentages min-A.B.,50%-50%;min-poe ,5%-95% and so on .Whats a guy and his refractometer supposed to do these days? Removing the refrigerant,then the welded comp and then the oil , then adding the new oil,comp,refrigerant then running the system,then rechecking the oil-oil%,that gets very costly .Even with a 5-H.P.Copelametic its costly .Do I dust off my oil checker tool? Thanks!

Comments

• Get a sucker

You need an oil pump kit that can suck out the oil thru the suction line. They make a kit or you can make one if you have an oil pump. I use a Yellow Jacket brand. Took oil out of a 3/4 hp semi-hermetic.

What kind of system are you working on, refrigeration or a/c?

Don in Mo
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Oil sample

Morning Don in MO.!I am talking more about refrig work because of the oil's involved. On semi's I have no problem changing the oil thru the crankcase fitting . I will check out the pump you are talking about. Can all or most of the old oil be removed from the hermetic crankcase thru the suction line this way ?Hay, how did I get up here?
This discussion has been closed.