Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco green touch up paint??

Options
Ken D.
Ken D. Member Posts: 836
Back in the day, when we did rebuilding, we bought Dupli-color green paint (and red) from the local auto store and it matched very well. It's been over 20 years, but I believe it was a Chrysler color. Hope this helps.

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Spray preferably

does such a thing exist? Need a can ASAP :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Why not

just paint it black? That green is a tough one to match. Sometimes when I have to mix brands of circs I have been known to just paint them all black....

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
  • Patrick Powers_2
    Patrick Powers_2 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    paint

Taco should market it because
    1) You can't get solder off of it, if you are unfortunate enough to drip.
    2) When you take the circ out of the box you find that the instructions, and box is stuck to it.

They must put them in the box wet. We very seldom use any other circ, but its getting to be a pet peave that I might.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Hot Rod, I'm not 100% sure if it's available but here's a guy that should be able to give you an answer.

J. Micky McPhillips
    Eastern Regional Manager.

Taco

mickym@taco-hvac.com

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options

home depot should be able to match that color with no problem , Hot Rod !!
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    I have a can....

got it from the suuply house a while back....I don't think it is mail-able though...maybe...If all else fails....kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Pex Runner
    Pex Runner Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Taco

Just get to know your local Taco distributor and he/she will give you a prize can of paint.
  • You got that right , Patrick

Each and every 007 has the instructions glued to the side of the motor by paint .

I agree with Cosmo , if you can't find the exact match paint them black . Some boilers have the black circ shipped with them , I wonder if you can request the local supply to stock it in that color ?

Anyone else notice how sloppy the paint looks on the Taco freedom flanges lately ?
  • Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

I work for the local Taco rep. We have the stuff coming out of our ears. When the pumps come to us they are painted gold after we assemble em we have to paint em Taco green. Taco should be able to give you the paint color code and you can get it made up in a spray form at the local home depot.
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Hey H.R.

Just tell the Taco guys that you're going to paint all their circs red.... B&G RED! That should get some response out of them in a hurry! I agree with the other guys that I've never had one without the papers stuck to it, but I've only used a few dozen or so in my short career. I like their stuff a LOT.
    Kevin
  • hr
    Options
    Has to be green

I'll try the HD route.

I've never met the local, if there is one Taco rep. I suspect my area is covered out of Kansas City.

I'm in predominatly B&G and Grundfos territory. I buy my Taco stuff through Johnstone Supply.

Seems just about all brands of circs arrive with paint rubbed off from packaging and shipping.

I need some "clean" green ones for a display that ten of thousands of folks will see soon in Chicago ;)

hot rod

• John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Johnny's comments

This is great input. We have been very focused on solving the paint problem. Particularly the instruction sheets sticking. I believe we have the problem solved.
    Hot Rod......I will makesure, personally, that you get whatever you need. Motorcycle isin a very prominant place!
    Forget who mentioned it, but I am always curious as to why people mix pump manufacturers, as opposed to using all Taco(or someone else, for that matter!)
    Hot Rod, by the way, your Taco rep is R.A. Berman. They are in ST. Louis.
    Very best, guys, thanks for the input.
    John White
  • hr
    Options
  • Dave DeFord_3
    Dave DeFord_3 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Taco Green

Many large body shop paint suppliers can computer match paint and put it in a spray can. Not sure of the cost but you might want to check. Might want to check the Dupont or PPG web site for their local distributor. Just watch that the paint they give you doesn't react with the original paint - unless you like that krinkle or drippy look ;).

• Joe Mattiello_2
    Joe Mattiello_2 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Taco paint is available in aerosol can

Hot Rod
    Taco green is available in an aerosol can, and can be purchased from your local representative. J.M. O’Conner 1250 Saline, N. Kansas City, MO 64116, Tel 816-471-4011 is the rep for your geographical area. To help you out with your current problem I’m sending a quart of Taco green paint over night UPS. As for the literature sticking to the pump Taco has changed the process to allow more curing time, and has moved the instruction sheet from the bottom of the box to the top, so the weight of the pump is not on the sheet. Hopefully, you will see an improvement with the new inventory on the representative’s shelves. Additionally, I wasn’t aware of any problem with the paint on the freedom flanges, but I will have quality control investigate.

Joe Mattiello
    Technical Support Technician
    Tel. 401-942-8000 X 484
    Fax. 401-942-2360
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    That was me

Because sometimes I need the right pump for the job, and not a lot of time to get one. I do think it is nice to have things on a good install kind of color matched. I have already painted circs from all manufacturers, among other hydronic fittings, to give a good appearance!

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    And that, gentlemen,

is what HeatingHelp.com is all about. Well done!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    Good

because stuff like that drives me INSANE.
This discussion has been closed.